Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Active Pup

Default Bull terrier

Hi i'm a new member and i own a bull terrier and a jack russel terrier. Any ways my jrt is really friendly and so is my BT but for some reason my BT hates other dogs. Just recently i took my BT to the park and my friend brang his chocalate lab and wow, they were fine for like 5 minutes then they just went at it, of course my Bull terrier won with ease and really hurt my friend's dog but how do I prevent this from happening again
Old 05-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

my only advice would be to not take your BT to any dog parks again. Only since it has dog-aggression issues and I wouldn't want to him to hurt another dog. Plus you could get him into trouble and be pts.
I can't move the thread, only the moderators can, but this should be in the "dog training" section.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Active Pup

Yeah Tell me about it just really sucks because the dog loves people but gets really wierd around other dogs, he just always has to be the boss. My friends dog is okay by the way. thank god
Old 05-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I know it sucks, but you just gotta keep your's and other's dogs health in mind. Glad to hear that your friends dog is ok! And you should be glad it was a friends dog and not a strangers dog. You might of had a law suit on your hands!
Although, since I wasn't there I can't really give you advice on weither your dog was the aggresor or if your friends dog has some bad doggy manners.
Maybe if you can explain a little more of the events before the attack.
Like was your dog's legs stiff, where was the tail at? Was it wagging ? Slowly fast or medium? Any growling?
Just in as much detail as you can. Otherwise we can't help you as good.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Oh and Welcome to Chazhound!!
Did you go to the introduction page yet?
Old 05-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Active Pup

Well you see my dog loves ball and I through it for him and my friends dog went and got it with my dog chasing him. Then they both jumped up on there hind legs and and started fighting. my dog was on top of my friends dog so we ran over and seperated them and my friends dog was bit just below the juggler vain in his neck.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

So it could have been just object guarding! Have you tried letting your dog play with other dogs without any toys?
This is also one reason I don't bring my dogs to dog parks. There are a lot of fights over objects like balls and treats.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Active Pup

no i havent but that might just been the reason, neither of my dogs have really been adjusted to other dogs definetley my fault.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I understand. So I am assuming you've had these dogs since they were pups. How young were they?
Have you ever seen another dog on a walk and how did your dog react to it?
Old 05-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Active Pup

yeah i have had them since they were pups. and when my dogs see other dogs my JRT barks alot and my BT does nothing untill comfronted. by the way is your dog's name chloe because my JRT is named that.