Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-26-2004, 10:04 AM
Show Dog

Buddy had a very small quick seizure on Thursday night but has not had any since, so there is a huge improvement there. He seems very tired and still sleeps all day, but i think thats just because its been rainy and cold outside.

The week went by without him seizuring to much, one for the week made us all very happy.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Felurian

He's got a lot of stresses on his system, poor baby. He's growing like a puppy and his body is also having to cope with a roller-coaster ride of chemicals balancing out. Sleep is one of the best treatments he can have right now. I worry that when he starts into the hormonal changes of adolescence it may throw his medication balance into chaos again. The onset could very well be what set him off on that last really bad spell awhile back. Hang in there and give him and Buddy a good belly rub for me!
Old 09-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Show Dog

We have thought that Renee, that is why he goes for regular blood tests to be able to stablise the dosage of his medication according to his growth, and his hormose change. We are monitoring him closely, he just has to poop loudly and we there...
he loved his belly rub! him and his brother are playing really nicely...he is such a beautiful dog...and his brother...
Old 10-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Show Dog

We seem to have Buddy's seizures under control, he had a quick seizure on Thursday night but again, was very quick and had no real after affect at all. The medication seems to be working well and he seems to have adjusted well to it. So we have achieved what we wanted, we cant stop the seizures, but we can control them.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Felurian

Well, I'm sure I speak for all of your and Buddy and Codi's Chazhound friends when I say that is wonderful to hear!

You just keep those belly rubs up, and give Codi a good, long chest scratching session, too.