Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Show Dog

Thanx guys for the Supermom of the day award, but I have to say that the award should really go to mybrother, Buddy is actually his pup, but I treat him like my own, he is the one that believed Buddy would pull through this, when all of us were thinking the worst, he is the one that believed in hanging in there.

He knows exactlly when Buddy is feeling what, if he is threating a siezure, or is he is just dreaming, we have picked up his behaviour very quickly, and he is still being naughty with no siezures, his brother and him now share a bone, because Codi doesnt want his own, and they play and tug on their rope town, he is his old self, and we are very happy.

Thanx a million everyone! We really appriciated all your love and support with Buddy.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Show Dog

Buddy has has 4 siezures today, they were so quick that we didnt even realise what was happening.

Codi came and called me when the first siezure happened, and while I sat with Buddy, Codi was at my side the whole time, he even fetched Buddy's toy rope for him.

The siezures were very quick, if even 10 seconds, and then he just got up and walked away front it, they were not bad siezures at all. The vet says its because he has picked up weight, he is going for more blood tests tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Active Pup

You are doing fine...this will happen until you get the meds figured out. Even after that you may have one occasoinally.
Thinking of you
Bec

Wirehaired Vizsla Club of America
www.whvca.us
Old 08-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Felurian

Iky, it sounds like you and Codi have things handled well. Codi's really come through for his brother, hasn't he? They're wonderful creatures and we'd all be better if we were more like our dogs - although I'd get some pretty strange looks if I followed Shiva's example and started stealing peanut butter!
Old 09-04-2004, 04:12 AM
Show Dog

Buddy has had a very very bad week, on Tuesday night, out vet suggested that we have him put out, he had horrible seizures on Monday morning. We decided to keep him with us on Tuesday night to say our goodbyes. Wednesday came, and when we got hom, Buddy has gotten up and started walking around, and the vet thought it was a miricle, because he said that Buddy seemed to have damaged his brain as he was not repsonding to the vet at all. Although Buddy is still a little confused right now, he is getting up and walking around, and eating by himself again. We were so scared that we were going to loose our baby on Wednesday.

The vet has him now of more medication and he seems to be alright for now, although we are only taking one day at a time.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Felurian

Buddy seems to have a burning desire to live and it's wonderful that you honor that.

If the time comes that he's ready to go, he'll let you know.

Many times, compassionate vets want to spare us further hardship and that's commendable, but I think that they're relieved when we fight on.

You just keep taking it one day at a time, and know that we are with you, Buddy, Codi and all of your family. I wish I could hold Buddy and whisper in his ear how much he is loved by people he's never even met. You do that for me, please?
Old 09-19-2004, 05:25 AM
Show Dog

Hey everyone.

Sorry for not being around for a while, just been hectic this side by me. Buddy is doing great at the moment, he is out of his cycle where he gets the seizures and is now being his normal puppy self. He gets 3 different kids of medication now, and he is getting use to taking it, he even now comes right up to us when its time for his medication, and Codi is always there to make sure his brother gets his medication in time.

Buddyis getting very bog now, he is starting to look like a little bear, I will do updates photos of him soon. He has not seizured in 3 weeks now, this week coming up is his normal cycle for seizures, so lets hope that the medication has stablized him, will let you all know how the week goes.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:27 AM

Still thinking of Buddy....ALWAYS happy to hear of improvements. HANG IN THERE BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Felurian

They're an amazing pair of brothers.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:10 PM
Alpha Dog

Alright! That is good news!