Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-07-2004, 04:36 AM
Show Dog

Thats the thing with Codi that I dont understand. Even when Buddy was so sick, I always made (and still do make) the point of showing Codi that he is just as loved as his brother, I often take him with me, and spend time with him by himself. We go for car rides and walks and to the beach, even if I just sit and watch TV, I make the point of calling him to me so he can have that contact, which he loves. Thats why I dont understand his naughtiness. And when I am not around, my mom or dad and even my brother who hans his hands full with Buddy gives Codi attention. Another thing I have noticed is that Buddy enjoys doing his own little thing, always has, where Codi always wants to be around someone, if we leave and he is left alone he cries and cries. The other day when Buddy went for blood tests, Codi sat by the door and howled for the whole 45 mins Buddy was away, even though I was in the house, I tried sitting with him and playing but he just wanted his brother back.

Buddy is so much better, although we want to still take it easy with him, we want to take him walking and maybe to the beach.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Felurian

That sounds like poor Codi is acting our more from fear than jealousy. Maybe he needs more time with Buddy - after you've taken Codi's energetic self out and worn him down a bit, fer sure!

Codi may need the reassurance and not so much of the individual attention since he's so upset over Buddy.

Your two sound like such sweet, lovable boys.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Show Dog

Lovable for sure! But naughty...now that they are back together, its twice the fun and twice the naughtiness...Buddy has picked up Codi's michieveous ways very quickly...

We bathed them today, what a mission, Buddy has now decided he doesnt like water, and Codi has decided that he doesnt like Buddy having shampoo on him. They are such little balls of enerygy to keep us on our toes 24/7.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Felurian

Heaven help anybody or anything that ever picks on Buddy when Codi's around! It sounds like Codi's decided it's his mission in life to look after little brother.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Show Dog

Codi is very possessive, over Buddy and me, but I see that Buddy has now become possessive over me as well, he doesnt like it if Codi comes to close, or if Codi wants to play and Buddy is sitting by me. Its a handful to keep these two happy, maybe split myself in two
Old 08-12-2004, 08:55 AM
Felurian

Now is the time when you have to get it through their heads that Mama won't put up with that kind of petty behavior. Most people probably laugh or just shake their heads, but I TELL mine, and they listen . . . and believe. Everyone in the house knows that they have to get along - there are no options!

If necessary, when they show their behinds, leave the room and stay away for ten minutes or so. They'll get the idea that if they don't act with civility, the object of the jealousy will disappear.

I am so relieved that Buddy is improving so much!

Last edited by Renee750il; 08-12-2004 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:03 AM
Show Dog

hey everyone! been a while since i posted, just been rather busy. Buddy is doing so well, he has now going on for his third week without any siezures, and the vet said he is highly impressed with Buddy's improvements. He is now making up for lost time and being as naughty as can be with his evil twin...we have now nicknamed them the terrible twins. we are so happy than Buddy is doing so well, he has even started chasing the cats, and his brother around, he also now responds to his name and knows exactlly when its his medication time, he even comes to us and barks if we a few seconds late. i have taken more photos and will have them up soon, it was their 5 month birthday last week saturday (14th)

just an update
Old 08-21-2004, 08:18 AM
Felurian

Iky, that's the best news! And how funny that he knows when it's time for his meds!
Old 08-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Active Pup

I am sorry I have been gone for so long. It is good to hear that your baby is doing so much better. I dont personally have any dogs that have siezures but have researched it heavily because I take care of a couple of dogs that have the problem. Once you have your baby on the right dosages of meds you shouldnt have to change the diet. SOmetimes you can figure out certain triggers for the seizures and try avoid them. Alot of the time heat or stress is the main triggers for an episode. You should also realize by now when HE thinks he is going to have asiezure and give him a dose of valuim to help him relax before it happens...it might prevent the episode from hapening at all. It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job!!! I am glad he has a wonderful mom like you to take care of him.
You get the supermom of the day award.
Bec
www.wireviz.us
(new puppy pics-one day old)
Old 08-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Alpha Dog

Thank goodness Buddy is better. I second Bec's SuperMom of the Day Award !!!