Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Show Dog

Just an update...Buddy started siezuring at about 10 this morning, he stopped somewhere between 11:30 and 12. We were rather worried and started mentally prepearing ourselves for what could happen. He is asleep now, but very weak, he just needs his rest now.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Felurian

Thanks for the update. You know we're all with you in spirit. I do so hope that once Buddy gets past this growth stage in his life, when all sorts of hormones are kicking in and his body chemistry is in chaos, the seizures can be controlled, if not outgrown altogether.

One thing is certain, Buddy could not have hoped for a more loving and patient family. I know this is rough on Codi, too, but I'm sure you are giving him all the love and reassurance he needs.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:49 PM

My love and hugs to Buddy,too. I have been wondering how he is ............my heart breaks for our Buddy. GET WELL SOON, BUDDY!!

Keep us posted........poor little guy.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Show Dog

Thank you so much Debi. Buddy is doing better, he is a little jittery, if you touch him quickly, or move around him quickly he gets a fright, but otherwise he is doing OK. He has not had any siezures since Sunday which we are happy about and he is going for blood tests this week, probably tomorrow.

He is getting stronger, he is now playing with his brother and Codi is happy to have his brother back and someone to run with. Although we limit it so Buddy does not get to excited and does not use up to much energy.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Felurian

That is great news, Iky. Give both of your boys a big hug and a treat for us!
Old 08-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Show Dog

I will definately do that! Buddy is starting to get exactlly like he was before the siezures started. He is playful and runs with us, and has started barking again, we are so happy that he is doing so well...he is getting rather big now, the vet weighed him at 20kgs yesterday, i couldnt believe it, for only 5 month (next week) he is getting rather big. Codi is at 17kgs, he is the more athletic one. I am so happy that he is doing so much better, our boys are back to their old tricks! Thank you everyone for all your love and support, us, along with Codi and Buddy really appriciate it!
Old 08-06-2004, 02:24 PM

Awwwwww, my hugs still to our Buddy! I bet lil Codi loves having his pal back. Will he fully recover from these seizures????? (sp?) They must be so difficult to witness.....hugs to you, Iky! I'm glad Buddy has you to care for him.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Show Dog

Well Debi, the vet seems to be sure that as soon as his medication is at the right dosage, he will recover fully! So we very happy about that. He looks so sweet with his little (giant) leg that was shaved for blood tests. He is also cutting teeth now, so he is starting to get a big boy

For the first time in weeks he actually came and layed on his spot on the couch where he first started having the siezures. He jumped up all by himself and layed there like he use to. Also, he got startled when someone walked in the front door, which he hasnt done since the siezures.

Codi is only to happy to have his brother back, we all are. But it seems to be that Codi has picked up an attitude, he is being very spiteful, almost as if he is going out of his way to be naughty. I know pups are full of energy, and love to run and play, but its like small things. He plays with Buddy, and sometimes he is a little rough, if I stop him, he barks at me and runs away, then he comes right back and does the same to Buddy. Or if I pay Buddy attention, then he comes over and snaps at me, and again, if we scold him he barks at you and runs away. He also started messing in the house, and I dont know why because he is long past that stage, he always use to be so good, go outside, whine until the door is opened for him. The other thing that was very strange for me is we have people over and the mother hugged her some and Codi got angry and barked at them and then jumped between them to stop the contact. I know he loves attention, but he is going a little far. I dont know what to do, all i can thing of is to just be patient with him. With winter and all, its very cold and after a days work, to take Codi to puppy training class is a waste of time because he just sits there, he doesnt want to take part, if the trainer talks to him, he just ignores him and carries on doing what he wants. But the plus side is he listens at home, just not around a crowd.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:27 PM

no advise here...my Addie is a husky mix, but with the husky tendencies. I find she has a mind of her own...and is very hard to train. She is wonderful as far as house training...never an accident. BUT...she is mouthy these days...always 'verbal' and that is something new for me. She is stubborn....and demands full attention when in the house. I do try to give it to her. I am somewhat hoping that things will ease a bit when Hammie is neutered.....I may be grasping at straws here. It is a dominance thing right now and she won't budge! BUT...my point is...maybe huskys are a tough breed...full of independence. I have been working with Addie for 3 years...and I swear, she still has a mind of her own! Hugs to you and your guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess all we can do is hang in there.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Felurian

Oh, that is just such WONDERFUL news about Buddy. I can't begin to express how relieved I am!

Iky, it sounds like your Codi is having a little jealousy crisis. By all means, correct his bad behaviour, but when he is being good, you'll have to make it a point to brag on him. Also, try to spend some time with him all by himself. TAke him for rides in the car and for walks. It's the same situation you get when you've got two kids and one gets sick and has to have your total focus. The other one often acts out in an attempt to direct more attention his way. It can also be a reaction out of fear that he's been picking up from you all and Codi, and is most likely a combination.

Good luck, and never fear, he'll be your darling, mischievious, naughty Codi before long.