Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 05-25-2005, 10:43 PM
BusterLove

its SO horrible, how people can do that, and they dont ressearch the breed, its like saying, my husky wont stop pulling the sled, what do they expect, really, whatever they get bred for is in them and if it isnt going to suit your lifestyle, do the pet a favour, dont get one

Old 05-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Top Dog

We live in a disposable world and some people take that into the Pet world, it is just sad. That is why I believe you should have to take classes or obtain a license to allow you to buy a dog.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:38 AM
BusterLove

yeah, ppl get a cute puppy, and it grows, eats, needs training, needs walks and attention, mental stimulation, friends and someone to bond with, a lot of ppl just dont relise it's noty for them

Old 06-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce
I still think people rarely research their breeds though.when they get angry because there herding breed is nippy,or that a husky sheds or howls.
Even when you do research a breed, though, you frequently see only good things about them. Herding breeds are never called nippy in books, for example. If you read between the lines of the average, blandly positive general breed book and think about what herding entails, of course, you might realize the potential for nipping is there. But it's a bit hard on the average person who just wants to own a dog to have to research the job description of 180+ breeds. I think the Border Collie people have done a commendable job of spreading the word about the drawbacks of their breed - at least, what would be drawbacks in a casual, average home. Other breeds need to receive the same vigorously honest scrutiny coupled with PR efforts to reach people who don't go to dog shows. It wouldn't prevent all bad choices, but it would be a help for the average person who wants to make a smart choice without devoting six months of research to the chore. I stress average, though even the most fanatical dog lover has succumbed to the need to OWN A DOG RIGHT NOW.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:39 PM
BusterLove

yes. but on the net these days there are many "quizzes" that show what dog suits your lifestyle, this narrows down the choices a bit and allows you to choose carefully. And if someone really needs a dog that bad, then the research should be done on the breed you decided on or... you learn to live with it, for instance, Sophie is big, lazy, smelly and drooly, her spit makes you itch and she wrecks all the gardens, we didnt know this when we bought her but we love her and will live with it.

Old 07-18-2005, 10:42 PM
BusterLove

And Buster doesnt like other dogs, takes a hell of a lot of training and time, doesnt listen all the time (getting better) and etc. but we keep him

Old 07-19-2005, 12:42 AM
Twin 2.0

"dog clashes with furniture" All time worst excuse/reason EVER. Not that the others are much better, but come on people...they make different colors of furniture and it's not like you couldn't match paint chips before redecorating.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:02 AM
BusterLove

lol, yeah, really thats stupid, "drools to much" look at the breed.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:03 AM
Top Dog

I personally hate the 'moving to a place that doesn't want dogs' excuse. There's no way i would even consider a place that doesn't want dogs...
Old 07-19-2005, 08:05 AM
BusterLove

yeah, we have over looked tonnes of nice homes because they dont suit our pets, We were going to loose our rabbits but I dont think I could gove them away now