Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 06-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Big Dog

Tony, you can get it online through various online stores...it seems to be a bit more economical to go with the gallon jug. I myself haven't tried Bio-Groom, but I know several people on here do use it...as for how it compares to Earthbath, I couldn't tell you. All I know is that my dogs use the Earthbath Mango Tango (lovely shampoo, and very gentle), or the Earthbath Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera shampoo (also an excellent choice for dogs prone to hot spots or irritation).

A gallon of Mango Tango, The Oatmeal formula, among others, is very reasonable at this site...

http://www.arcatapet.com/earthbath.c...e=GA-Earthbath
Old 06-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Active Pup

I also use Earth Bath Mango Tango, as recommended from this site. Both my girls got baths today and they smell soooo good!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

Tony,

I've used Bio-groom before and can't say as I really cared for it. It stripped my dogs of their oils completely, and their coats were just awful about 4 days after their bath. They felt horrible to touch, they were full of dandruff, etc. I find Bio-groom to be a pretty harsh shampoo. The smell of it also got to be a bit much during the bathing process. It smelled good at first, but was really strong and overwhelming after a bit. I'm sure it works great for many people, but personally, I know very few dogs that have done well with it. Though I have to say, that the ones I know who did tolerate it well were Bichons and Poodles, so maybe it would work well for you. I much prefer Earthbath (also a fan of the Mango Tango, but I also like the Aloe one) and it is by far the best shampoo I've used so far.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie130 View Post
Tony, you can get it online through various online stores...it seems to be a bit more economical to go with the gallon jug. I myself haven't tried Bio-Groom, but I know several people on here do use it...as for how it compares to Earthbath, I couldn't tell you. All I know is that my dogs use the Earthbath Mango Tango (lovely shampoo, and very gentle), or the Earthbath Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera shampoo (also an excellent choice for dogs prone to hot spots or irritation).

A gallon of Mango Tango, The Oatmeal formula, among others, is very reasonable at this site...

http://www.arcatapet.com/earthbath.c...e=GA-Earthbath
The price alone is very reasonable. However, the shipping cost to Hong Kong is $65!!!!

Besides Bio-Groom, I found a list of brands available here:
- Ark Naturals
- Azmira
- Aubrey Organics
- Avo Derm
- AKC

- Bark 2 Basics
- Bell Rock Wags
- Beaphar

- Chris Christensen
- Cardinal Golden Medal Pets
- Champion Tails
- Coat Handler

- Dr Good Pet
- Diafarm

- Eqyss
- Espree

- Fobis
- Forbis
- Fido

- Grrroom

- Hartz

- Navarch
- Natural Balance

- Paws
- PetBotanics
- Pet Fresh

- Rudducks

- Solid Gold
- Sunrise
- Saint Frencis Natural Pet Care
- Super Care
- Sulfodene

- Tomlyn
- Tropiclean
- Troy

- Virbac
- Vetzyme
- Veti
- Super Care
- Sulfodene

- 8 in 1

It is very hard for me to get reference from my friends who trust marketing and distribution very much. They mostly use Bio-Groom and Hartz, which I was told were not good. Any idea??

maybe, there is no good shampoo in HK. Sometime, I think I should start business to help distributing Earthbath in HK : )
Old 06-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Island dweller

I was looking at bark to basics for mav since they have shampoos and conditioners for long-haired breeds. Guess I'll have to look at Earth Bath too!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Big Dog

If you can get Virbac shampoo in Hong Kong, I'd personally recommend it...since it is more readily available to you. Usually vets prescribe Virbac shampoos and creme rinses to alleviate certain skin irritations and problems, and we used it about a year ago on one of our dogs...it worked very well to soothe her hotspots and itchies. I believe we used the "Epi-Soothe" products. We were instructed to wash her daily with the shampoo, and use the conditioner as a leave-in product. Within a week or so, her skin problems were much better, and she was far more comfortable. From there on out, we bathe her monthly with Earthbath, and we haven't had many more skin issues.

So, if you can get Virbac, I'm sure you'll be satisfied with it.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Salty Sea Dog

im an earthbath fan
but lately ive been using cain and able products and LOVE them!

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets