shampoo

Saje

Island dweller
I think I need a better shampoo for maverick. Now we are using one of nature's speciality which I like a lot but it's to keep fleas away and I need a good detangler or something. The big mutt gets matted too quickly for my taste. Any recommendations?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I looove Earth Bath. They also have a conditioner that we sometimes use (mostly on Banzai). :)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Earth Bath over here. I have their Mango Tango and it smells so good. It's so good for their coat. And they have an oatmeal formula for itchy and sensitive skin.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Earth Bath here, too :) I love the smell on both dogs. Also I can't wait to try Buddy Wash, I have heard great things about it.

wookie130

I use both Cloudstar Buddy Wash and Earthbath...the Mango Tango is a nice shampoo. I also like Earthbath's Tea Tree & Aloe Vera shampoo...it's great for naturally repelling a lot of outdoor pests, such as mosquitoes, fleas, etc. Either Buddy Wash or Earthbath are EXCELLENT, and extremely mild, and can be used as often as you like, without drying or irritating your doggie. :)

Toller_08

I also use Earthbath, but I'm not sure if it will help matting or not. None of my dogs are prone to mats, with or without baths. Maybe conditioner would help if you don't already use it. My only suggestion for the mats would be to try and trim any hair that is prone to it (especially if it's really fine) and just brush it out regularly as I'm sure you do. I wish I had better suggestions for you.

I use what the groomer uses . . . since I'm far too lazy to bathe my own dogs. Yes, they both have super short coats . . . go ahead, laugh.

wookie130

Tony, you can get it online through various online stores...it seems to be a bit more economical to go with the gallon jug. I myself haven't tried Bio-Groom, but I know several people on here do use it...as for how it compares to Earthbath, I couldn't tell you. All I know is that my dogs use the Earthbath Mango Tango (lovely shampoo, and very gentle), or the Earthbath Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera shampoo (also an excellent choice for dogs prone to hot spots or irritation).

A gallon of Mango Tango, The Oatmeal formula, among others, is very reasonable at this site...

http://www.arcatapet.com/earthbath.cfm?Source=GA-Earthbath

gypsysoul

I also use Earth Bath Mango Tango, as recommended from this site. Both my girls got baths today and they smell soooo good! :D

Toller_08

Tony,

I've used Bio-groom before and can't say as I really cared for it. It stripped my dogs of their oils completely, and their coats were just awful about 4 days after their bath. They felt horrible to touch, they were full of dandruff, etc. I find Bio-groom to be a pretty harsh shampoo. The smell of it also got to be a bit much during the bathing process. It smelled good at first, but was really strong and overwhelming after a bit. I'm sure it works great for many people, but personally, I know very few dogs that have done well with it. Though I have to say, that the ones I know who did tolerate it well were Bichons and Poodles, so maybe it would work well for you. I much prefer Earthbath (also a fan of the Mango Tango, but I also like the Aloe one) and it is by far the best shampoo I've used so far.

tony_hk

Tony, you can get it online through various online stores...it seems to be a bit more economical to go with the gallon jug. I myself haven't tried Bio-Groom, but I know several people on here do use it...as for how it compares to Earthbath, I couldn't tell you. All I know is that my dogs use the Earthbath Mango Tango (lovely shampoo, and very gentle), or the Earthbath Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera shampoo (also an excellent choice for dogs prone to hot spots or irritation).

A gallon of Mango Tango, The Oatmeal formula, among others, is very reasonable at this site...

http://www.arcatapet.com/earthbath.cfm?Source=GA-Earthbath
The price alone is very reasonable. However, the shipping cost to Hong Kong is $65!!!!

Besides Bio-Groom, I found a list of brands available here:
- Ark Naturals
- Azmira
- Aubrey Organics
- Avo Derm
- AKC

- Bark 2 Basics
- Bell Rock Wags
- Beaphar

- Chris Christensen
- Cardinal Golden Medal Pets
- Champion Tails
- Coat Handler

- Dr Good Pet
- Diafarm

- Eqyss
- Espree

- Fobis
- Forbis
- Fido

- Grrroom

- Hartz

- Navarch
- Natural Balance

- Paws
- PetBotanics
- Pet Fresh

- Rudducks

- Solid Gold
- Sunrise
- Saint Frencis Natural Pet Care
- Super Care
- Sulfodene

- Tomlyn
- Tropiclean
- Troy

- Virbac
- Vetzyme
- Veti
- Super Care
- Sulfodene

- 8 in 1

It is very hard for me to get reference from my friends who trust marketing and distribution very much. They mostly use Bio-Groom and Hartz, which I was told were not good. Any idea??

maybe, there is no good shampoo in HK. Sometime, I think I should start business to help distributing Earthbath in HK : )

Saje

Island dweller
I was looking at bark to basics for mav since they have shampoos and conditioners for long-haired breeds. Guess I'll have to look at Earth Bath too!

wookie130

If you can get Virbac shampoo in Hong Kong, I'd personally recommend it...since it is more readily available to you. Usually vets prescribe Virbac shampoos and creme rinses to alleviate certain skin irritations and problems, and we used it about a year ago on one of our dogs...it worked very well to soothe her hotspots and itchies. I believe we used the "Epi-Soothe" products. We were instructed to wash her daily with the shampoo, and use the conditioner as a leave-in product. Within a week or so, her skin problems were much better, and she was far more comfortable. From there on out, we bathe her monthly with Earthbath, and we haven't had many more skin issues.

So, if you can get Virbac, I'm sure you'll be satisfied with it.

Members online

No members online now.