Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Stanna

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems, bigdog

I hate to say it, but have you reconsidered re-homing rocky? If your dad is hitting him, and you can't change your dad's behavior, you should consider it . Physical abuse is very devastating to any animal, but a puppy is even more vunerable , just like a baby. You wouldn't be abandoning him, but just doing what is best for him, even though it will be very painful for you. Postponing it would just make the damage more permanent and rehabilitation harder. It's alot easier to rehome a puppy than an adult with aggression or fear problems. Breed specific rescues in your area would be the best source for information.

I hope everything works out for you and your dad.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Big German Shepherd

I'm not going to rehome because he's been hit.

It's not like we hit him with all our power 24/7, just when he does something bad like pee on the carpet right in front of my dad. Or nip very hard.

And I really don't understand why he still does have accidents, considering he's 17 weeks old.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Love my pets

BigDog, Rocky is still young. Kona is now a little over 6 months and finally stopped having accidents unless we don't realize she is asking to go out. If Rocky pees on the carpet, clap you hands to distract him and take him outside to finish. Also, make sure to clean up area and spray with Natures Miracle so it will get all of the odor out of the carpet/floor.

Kona is still nipping some at this age. My stepson's dog is now 9 months old and is finally stopping. We still keep toys on hand to give Kona instead of her nipping at our hands.

Have patience with Rocky and eventually everything will work out.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Big German Shepherd

I understand...

Thank you...

Anyway, my dad and I had a big talk about all our problems.

I'm releived and glad to say, we're cool now.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Felurian

That's good to hear, DoggyDaddy. The three of you are under an awful lot of stress, but you need to stick together and try to understand each other. My heart just goes out to you three guys against the world . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Big Mutts

I'm so glad ya'll worked things out. My mom's Gsd wasn't housebroken until about 6 months too.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Russian Wolfhound

I have the same situation. I have the time, room and the funds to have a large dog, like a German shephard or Borzoi, but he just doesn't like them. I've tried the 'old I'll take care of him, but he won't budge. Many a time I've had an arguement or 7 about the matter.

Although your dad doesn't care for the dog, remember you're fortuante enough to have a dog.
If the personification of the perpetuation of the rising climate towards economic diversity is simply a reflected falacy of our subconcious inability to comprehend the meaning of life, what are we doing here?
Old 05-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Russian Wolfhound

Oops just read the second page. Congrats. But my last sentance still applies I believe.
If the personification of the perpetuation of the rising climate towards economic diversity is simply a reflected falacy of our subconcious inability to comprehend the meaning of life, what are we doing here?
Old 05-23-2005, 06:19 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I am so glad to hear your cool now..i know what it was like to work two jobs..you come home dead tired..you don't know why you have to work so hard..so much harder it seems then so many other people..and u feel like your not making any progress no matter how hard it seems..then when the kid or kids are angry at u because u are grumpy at life and then grumpy at them and then the evil circle starts round and round..making the parent feel like why am i killing myself when it isn't even appricitated..and u have no spouse to say i care..or even i am sorry..or even here i will share the load. It is just an awful place to be in..so that is why i asked u if u feel he really loves u no matter what the fights are..he is there..and in this world of people dumping there responsibilities right and left that has to count for something. I think all anyone wants in this whole wide world is for their efforts to be noticed and appriciated. I am not there so i don't really know what is going on..i can only go by what it was like for me.and if just once one of my children in the hard years (like now isn't?) would have said..i love you for all that u do to keep our boat afloat yet another day..it would have made a difference in my outlook about everything. I tried to tell Aaron this last week when we had our big blowout..i feel used..and used up. I worked my tail off so that i could not matter at all?

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,