Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 07-24-2005, 01:32 PM
yuckaduck

They sure are heavy boned but they don't look to tall. They are very nice looking and they seem to have no problems keeping up with the doggy. Nice and agile even with the size aren't they. I think it is the ground shaking when they run that frightens everyone into thinking that they should never run. They are as good as any other horse and sometimes better
Old 07-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
They sure are heavy boned but they don't look to tall. They are very nice looking and they seem to have no problems keeping up with the doggy.
Well Cavan is 16.1 HH and the others are Shetlands! lol! I love them dearly!! They are my children!!
And the "Doggy" is the infamous Gustav! lol! He likes to be known by his proper title!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 07-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Snow Girl

Hooray for draft horses!!!! We have a clyde named KC and this horse is so great! It's interesting though, at the walk he sometimes trips over his own huge feet but once you get him going into a nice even trot he's so smooth you'd think you were riding an arab! And his canter is a rocking chair! I love that beast!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 07-24-2005, 09:27 PM
yuckaduck

They are nice and I think we may have one joining our stables. I think will know for sure tomorrow. It is a gelding, clysdale, the owner is very sick and wants a good home for him. Oh that would be great. Wonderful lesson horse, I have my fingers crossed.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:49 AM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
They are nice and I think we may have one joining our stables. I think will know for sure tomorrow. It is a gelding, clysdale, the owner is very sick and wants a good home for him. Oh that would be great. Wonderful lesson horse, I have my fingers crossed.
Oh, let us know what happens!! We need more Chunky Monkey's on this forum!! Everyone else seems to be Arab fanatics!! Not that there's anything wrong with that!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 07-25-2005, 09:02 AM
yuckaduck

He's far from chunky, boy is he even thin. I am awaiting the vets arrival because I am very concerned. I feel that clysdales are royalty and majestic, but this guy is the ugly duckling for sure. Poor horse and we have names him Gus guess why. I sure hope he is okay and we can nurse him back to health. He is only 3 years old. Too young to suffer so we will see what the vet says and go from there. He is in desperate need of a farrier as well so that phone call has been made. Too bad! I will keep you posted on the information and his well being. Boy I feel bad for this poor big guy, he is just having problems walking. How could anyone do this to such a wonderful animal?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Don't encourage me..

Oh that's terrible!! Some people just make me sooooooo angry!

And Gus is a fab name!! Shucks! There aren't enough Gus's in my opinion!

Old 07-25-2005, 02:37 PM
yuckaduck

I really thought you would like the name. Vet says he should be ok but we have a very strict feeding schedule to follow. He was given iv's today and will recieve more tonight and twice tomorrow. Let's hope he is fine. Vet says it looks promising and he has to have a strict watering schedule right now as well. So busy but it will be worth it.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Don't encourage me..

He will thank you forever!! Bless you for taking Gus!! Gustav is very humbled to have had a horse named in his honor! I won't tell him though as his ego is hard enough to deal with at times without inflating it anymore!!

Old 07-25-2005, 09:10 PM
yuckaduck

Well the vet was out again tonight to give Gus his iv fluids and said he looks better. No turn out allowed right now and still on strict diet but that is ok. The farrier comes tomorrow morning so that will help him a lot. Poor big guy. Man he is tall and thin. Severely dehydrated as well but so far so good we will keep trying our best for him. He has a sweet temperment very loving and so forgiving even after his neglect. I have already fallen in love with him.