Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Puppy Dog

Unhappy

i am happy to see that i am not alone. frequenting other boards of dog and animal lovers it really made me upset to read how many people would actually consider it and do it if it meant that they would be freed from any debt they had. i look in to my pets eyes and realize that some of them would be dead right now had i not taken them in. the thought of turning around and selling them just for some money makes me extremely upset.

it is a sad fact that everything nowdays is about the almighty dollar.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Felurian

There's not enough money in the world!

I do, however, have a sister I'd be willing to let go for a real bargain price . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-21-2005, 02:02 PM
no touchy

No way!! My dogs mean more to me than money does.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
There's not enough money in the world!

I do, however, have a sister I'd be willing to let go for a real bargain price . . .
Me too! It's a two-for-one extravaganza! But wait, there's more! I'll throw in an aunt at no additional cost! That's 3 annoying relatives for the price of one!
Old 05-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Felurian

Emma, reckon we'll have to pay someone to take 'em . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Disappointed :(

There is no way I'd part with my dog for any amount of cash.
I wouldn't enjoy a penny of it, wondering what she was doing, how she was...

Taking off to an empty field or deserted beach and watching Bonnie run happy and free - especially knowing she's already spent a year in a shelter and time before that neglected/wild, is truly priceless and something I can get lost in and never tire of... so simple and beautiful to watch. For sale? No!

Emma, Renne -- I have some relatives for the collection too!! Maybe we could put them on eBay ??? People seem to buy anything on there
Old 05-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Top Dog

If I had just came in from getting Princess back into the house after her getting out and acting like a dog with a hearing problem and someone offered me a million dollars I'd consider it! But then I'd look at her and wonder what on earth is wrong with this person willing to spend that much money for her. What's in it for them....and of course I'd say no. I'd be very happy about my decision until the next time she got out, put on the deaf act and ran circles in the neighborhood....then I'd be saying "I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE MILLION!"
What can I say, she's my brat and I love her.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:16 AM
Don't encourage me..

Gus will probably make me a million dollars one of these days with all his antics! But to sell him!! NEVER! He is my baby! Wouldn't sell him for all the Tea in China as my mum would say!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 05-23-2005, 07:18 AM
Top Dog

I wouldn't , I couldn't. One time when I was walking my dogs (Amstaffs/Pitbulls) some shady looking characters pulled up and offered to buy my Male. He is a real muscled young male and I think they wanted him for fighting or breeding. I said no and took a turn away from the road. Ask I walked I thought to myself about what it would be like to sell either of my dogs. Just the thought of it made me sick to my stomach. Not only because I would miss them but you would never know how they would be treated. My dogs have never known anything but love and kindness....going to a cruel or even cold home would shatter them emotionally.