Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Poodle

I own a toy and a mini, and I would jump at the chance to get a standard. In short, these dogs are amazing. Before I got my two, I thought that poodles were "frou-frou", yappy, prissy dogs. I did a lot of research before finally deciding that a poodle might fit in best in our home (shedding is a big deal for me). My husband wasn't crazy about the idea having grown up with a rottie as a big brother, but he let me get our toy. Now, my husband looks so funny walking our 7 lb toy and talking to him as they go! They are so intelligent and SOO easy to train, and they are rugged little guys. They can walk forever, but my two aren't crazy about water.

I truly forget sometimes that they aren't people. They are just different from other dogs that I've had in an indescribable way. We will never be without one again!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Salty Sea Dog

she seems to be swaying to the standards but is a little worried about puppy energy, she looks after a 3yr old occasionally so mouthy hyper puppy would be bad.

personally id love a standard myself, i want a black male and a white female lol...
one day

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 06-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Big Dog

She could always find an older rescue dog....I'm not a huge fan of the puppy stage either.

Owned by: Faris a BorderCollie/Samoyed mix, Lucy a mixed breed, and Pearl the cavie