Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Felurian

Love seeing a GSD with those sturdy legs and tight paws! Billy looks like he's really full of himself, lol!

Poor Buster doesn't look like he's a big fan of having that camera pointed at him

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Big Dog

You have got a VERY handsome pair of dogs! Seeing pictures of GSD puppies with their radar ears never fails to make me smile!
Old 05-29-2005, 06:28 AM
German Shepherds UK

Exclamation

Thanks guys for your great comments

I've got a problem with billy now....last night billy went to go upstairs, he got to the 6th stair and my husband never told him off so he went all the way up. I usually tell him no or to get down and he listened, but because my husband never told him down or no he now thinks he can go up when ever he wants. he isn't listening to me or my husband now when it comes to the stairs.
Does anyone have any ideas to stop him going up the stairs???
I thought of electric wire around the stairs, maybe a stun gun (only joking).......lol lol
Old 05-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Felurian

You could put a baby gate at the foot of the stairs. German Shepherds are going to want to be able to patrol the entire house - you KNOW how they think they have to keep an eye on every single thing, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-30-2005, 04:41 PM
German Shepherds UK

unfortunatly we don't have a bannister on 1 side of the stairs so theres nothing to fix a gate to.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:42 PM
German Shepherds UK

Buster lives in quite a big pen & has a shed to sleep in, this is where billy will be living when he gets bigger.
At the moment billy lives in the house and sleeps in our kitchen.

We haven't left billy and buster alone at all yet as we have been told not too for at least another month.
I worry about them as it is because when billy is around buster I put him on his lead so he can't run free around buster, what billy does is try to bite buster at near enough every chance he gets .
I don't want billy to get hurt by buster coz he's alot bigger than billy.
Does anyone have any ideas for intergrating them so they can spend time together safely.

at 1st we'll only leave them for a couple of minutes but that won't be till at least july

Last edited by sazel192; 05-30-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Felurian

Well of COURSE Billy is jealous of Buster! Buster is living in the house with the family while Billy is stuck outside in a pen!

I've had German Shepherds since I was twelve years old, and these are dogs who NEED to be with their family - not banished outdoors to a separate pen. It's fine for part of the time, but they need equal time and access indoors to be part of the family.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-30-2005, 05:11 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I drove past a dog in a pen today..and thought to myself what a wasted life..a big ol shepard mix..laying in front of the gate staring at the house..where he is every time i drive by.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-30-2005, 05:17 PM
German Shepherds UK

Exclamation

My mum & dad have had german shepherds since I was 8 & My husband's mum & dad have had german shepherds since before he was born (over 33 years ago), Buster stays in his pen & shed at night and when we are out of the house (about 1-2 hours tops), the rest of the time he comes inside...we also take him out 3-4 times aday for a walk/run over the field, buster is a big part of our family.....our garden is about 100ft by 70ft and busters pen takes up just under half of the garden.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:30 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

with all my dog family..i have learned one thing.as long as it is fair..if one gets the other gets..if one is special than both are..and so on..then the jealously is a moot point..but if one is treated differently they will react exactly the same way we would. I am glad the pen is only part time..now if that dang dog i drive past was only part time the world would be a better place.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,