If you feel immune from BSL - List of 75 banned or restricted breeds

dogsion

Perhaps they should post a list of 75 people banned from the US. Its all about owner responsibility and someone owning too much dog!
Seconded.

The two breeds I immediately see in that they should be taken off the list, are pugs and golden retrievers. I honestly have no idea why pugs are on the list, though with golden retrievers, probably under a weight specification. Still, though, what are they going to do, unless you start beating or abusing them....

~Tucker&Me~

Seconded.

The two breeds I immediately see in that they should be taken off the list, are pugs and golden retrievers. I honestly have no idea why pugs are on the list, though with golden retrievers, probably under a weight specification. Still, though, what are they going to do, unless you start beating or abusing them....
All the dogs should be taken off that list, not just goldens and pugs.

^
Exactly.

I'm luckier (for now) to be in Canada and in a Province that doesn't have the law regulating what breeds people may/may not own (yet...). But it's just really f@cking crazy.

GOLDENS?? LABS??? Frenchies?? WHO the holy f@ck put this thing together?

Pops2

the list is made up from actual laws & ordinances. don't get bent over the list get bent over the laws that cause the list to be made.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
I havent read all 46 pages of this thread, but does it strike anyone else as odd that at least half a dozen of these "banned breeds" dont even exist? What is a colorado dog? american shepherd? american husky? american wolfhound (how can you have a nationality of a species hybrid?) greenland and kotzebue husky? wat? tundra shepherd? what the hell are these things? where do people get this rubbish?

Pops2

I havent read all 46 pages of this thread, but does it strike anyone else as odd that at least half a dozen of these "banned breeds" dont even exist? What is a colorado dog? american shepherd? american husky? american wolfhound (how can you have a nationality of a species hybrid?) greenland and kotzebue husky? wat? tundra shepherd? what the hell are these things? where do people get this rubbish?
how do you have an irish wolfhound or a louisiana catahoula? it's part of the breed name.

Lyzelle

Many of those "breeds that don't exist" are designer mutts. American Husky, American Wolfhound, American Shepherd, and Colorado Dog included.

Shocking

New to this forum, from Canada and am absolutely shocked at this list.
I can not fathom how this can actually be enforced.

Dogs Suffering from irresponsible ownership.

Thanks for this heads up. Will be taking a closer look as well as at joining the vigil.

Power in numbers people, stay strong!

Luckily my Yorkie is safe, for now anyway.
This is just crazy.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Forgive me if this has already been gone over (46 pages is a bit much, plus I'm just trying to get through this new member posting delay :D)

Australian Shepherd but not Border Collie?
I love Border Collies don't get me wrong, but I've met a heck of a lot more neurotic, nippy, and downright aggressive BC's than I have Aussies.

I thought Australian Cattle Dog and Blue Heeler were the same breed?

Half these "breeds" I've never heard of, and I considered myself shamefully savvy in guessing these designer mutt names.

Tazwell

When I was in wales I remember border collies being banned in whatever region/ city I was in. It was back in 2006 I believe, so I couldn't even begin to remember where it was. There was a castle though. LOL

Members online

No members online now.