Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 AM
GSDlover_4ever's Avatar
GSDlover_4ever GSDlover_4ever is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kela View Post
Uh...how does one have evidence that X is a fake breed?

This hasn't gotten people thinking. It got 12 pages of people going "OMG they banned golden retrievers!"

No matter how much BSL spreads, all breeds will never be banned no matter what you try to convince us otherwise. Is it possible that more than just pit bulls will be affected? Sure thing. But mistakenly claiming that all breeds will one day be banned is absolutely incorrect.
WOW...your something arent ya . You are very ignorant and selfish to think that BSL is ok. Have you thought maybe not everyone wants a toy breed? because thats all thats going to be left... Not only is it possible its REALITY, all breeds will be affected by this. Take out all those breeds, people are going to be desperate and there comes mass-production if pups that are still "allowed" creating so many health problems in the gene pool, that you'll be lucky if your dog lives past two. EVERYONE is affected by this, whether you want to believe it or not. And have you noticed you are on a DOG FORUM, I would start asking questions if they DIDNT have BSL awareness as a sticky.

Grow up, and get over yourself.

BTW never say never it always comes back and bites you in the @ss....
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 AM
HoundedByHounds's Avatar
HoundedByHounds HoundedByHounds is offline
Oh, it's *you*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: N Texas, USA
Posts: 8,415
Default

Kela I am anti BSL because I am a dog owner. There need be no other reason. I love my dogs...and other people love their dogs. I support their love for their dogs, and their wish to enjoy them and have the same rights I am given as a dog owner, regardless of breed.

You really are making yourself look like a very negative, unfriendly person, on this thread and I am not calling you such because I doubt that is what you are...but it is what you are choosing to show to us as a whole. I'd love for you to show us something of your true self...which must be kinder and more compassionate...because well, you have dogs!

To make the comments you have about BSL not eventually leading to pet ownership being in jeopardy is, IMO an ignorant statement. Incrementalism is the very bedrock of the AR movement here...we must all stand together to oppose it. TO-GETH-ER.
__________________
Gina H.
"Run with the dogs, tonight...in Suburbia"-Pet Shop Boys


http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 09-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Kela
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
So now you know what people are thinking? And you want to throw around statements that a breed doesn't exist but you want people to do your research for you? Nice. lol
Heh, not even remotely close. I've already DONE the research. What qualifies as acceptable research to you to prove that X isn't a dog breed? Calling all the kennel clubs? Going to the library and finding exactly zero pieces of literature on the subject? Tell me.

You know that I'm right about these things but you just want to dodge the truth with a diversionary tactic. Sorry, it won't work.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 09-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Bahamutt99's Avatar
Bahamutt99 Bahamutt99 is offline
Dafuq?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: High Ridge, MO
Posts: 2,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kela View Post
I'm still waiting for you to show me pictures of the imaginary breeds. Go back a page and there's plenty to show that the list is just completely made up.
An Eskimo is about as imaginary as a pitbull, or a pit. What do you call the APBT?
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lindsay
& the Gravity Dogs


Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 09-10-2008, 12:18 AM
GSDlover_4ever's Avatar
GSDlover_4ever GSDlover_4ever is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kela View Post
Heh, not even remotely close. I've already DONE the research. What qualifies as acceptable research to you to prove that X isn't a dog breed? Calling all the kennel clubs? Going to the library and finding exactly zero pieces of literature on the subject? Tell me.

You know that I'm right about these things but you just want to dodge the truth with a diversionary tactic. Sorry, it won't work.
So what do you consider a breed?? There are MANY organized breeds that are not akc acknowledged (which is a good thing these days) .
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 09-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Kela
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
And I'm still waiting for you to show me where BSL ISN'T as big of a threat as the rest of this board KNOWS it is. For all that you have a Std. Poodle, a dog that essentially amounts to a Doberman in a curly coat, you are woefully ignorant of the present and future of dog laws.
It is absolutely ridiculous to even pretend that most breeds will ever be banned. You're kidding yourself if you actually think that poodles are going to be considered a threat at any time. BSL supporters like to exaggerate so much. Even if BSL DOES eventually affect EVERY breed. Guess what? IT ISN'T EVEN BSL ANYMORE. Its pet regulation then! Wow..the government decides to step in and stop thousands of dogs from being put to sleep and abused every year? How dare they!

Quote:
PETA
Lol..no need to read further there! PETA is known for having awesome methods of convincing the public to side with them!
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 09-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Saje Saje is offline
Island dweller
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 23,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kela View Post
Heh, not even remotely close. I've already DONE the research. What qualifies as acceptable research to you to prove that X isn't a dog breed? Calling all the kennel clubs? Going to the library and finding exactly zero pieces of literature on the subject? Tell me.

You know that I'm right about these things but you just want to dodge the truth with a diversionary tactic. Sorry, it won't work.
What I am trying to say is that you are finding fault in the way that this subject brought up when there is PLENTY of fault with your argument as well. You don't offer proof. You say you have evidence but there is nothing noted. If you want to be proper about everything it should go both ways my dear. You don't even offer a different list and there are plenty out there!
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 09-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Zoom's Avatar
Zoom Zoom is offline
Twin 2.0
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 40,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kela View Post
Heh, not even remotely close. I've already DONE the research. What qualifies as acceptable research to you to prove that X isn't a dog breed? Calling all the kennel clubs? Going to the library and finding exactly zero pieces of literature on the subject? Tell me.

You know that I'm right about these things but you just want to dodge the truth with a diversionary tactic. Sorry, it won't work.
Do you actually believe what you're saying, or just right now?

(10 points to who can name that lyric).

I'm still waiting on you to prove that you've done the research. I've seen nothing of merit posted by you.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 09-10-2008, 12:20 AM
HoundedByHounds's Avatar
HoundedByHounds HoundedByHounds is offline
Oh, it's *you*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: N Texas, USA
Posts: 8,415
Default

Kela *shaking head* you sound very very young when you make comments like the one you made. Anyone that's been in this world awhile knows that anything is possible...esp given the swing in our gov't from what is the will of the people to what is the will of the special interest groups with the most money...
__________________
Gina H.
"Run with the dogs, tonight...in Suburbia"-Pet Shop Boys


http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 09-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Kela
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDlover_4ever View Post
So what do you consider a breed?? There are MANY organized breeds that are not akc acknowledged (which is a good thing these days) .
I didn't say they had to be AKC acknowledged. I ASKED what would be considered acceptable proof that one doesn't exist.

I'm going to go breed my chihuahua to my neighbor's pomeranian and call it a Farflegoogendoople! And then I'm going to add it to the list of banned breeds! Prove that the Farflegoogendoople isn't a breed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site