Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Felurian

Yep. Just a temporary fix to firm things up

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Puppy Dog

How long does it usually take to firm up? Hes eating all of the EVO now and loving it. His stool this morning was very wet and soft still. Gave him some pumpkin this morning too which he loved.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Felurian

Shouldn't take more than a day or two. A week at most. Mine took about a week without the pumpkin.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-29-2005, 06:47 PM
Show Dog

i was confused at first, i hesitated to get the EVO for my pups because i thought it was for older dogs, but then i did a comparison of the calories, and EVO was more than the regular, which the EVO would be great to fatten up my puppies

should I go with the EVO? or stick to the regular? I have 3 puppies now..

Oreo - 6 month old Yorkie/Pomeranian - 3lbs - on regular innova at the moment
Ginger - 6 month old Yorkie - 4.5lbs - on regular innova at the moment
Cloey lyn - 10 week old Maltese - 2lbs - just got her yesterday, she is on canidae canned, with purina puppy chow dry - i want to switch to innova though. (she already has loose stools from her deworming treatment )

Where can I get this canned Pumpkin? I can only seem to find pumpkin filling!
Old 05-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Felurian

Since yours are small, Khristine, you can go ahead and feed them the EVO. It's the large breeds that shouldn't be on it as pups.

Have you looked in the canned fruit section of the grocery for the pumpkin - not where the pie filling is? Sometimes it's in with the pie filling, but often they'll stock it in with canned fruit. If you don't see it, find someone (good luck with that ) to help you find it.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Quigleyfied

i know albertsons and vons carry it in the baking aisle, ralphs usually in the canned fruit section.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 05-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordy
i know albertsons and vons carry it in the baking aisle, ralphs usually in the canned fruit section.

o0oh I have to go to the fruit section.. don't ask me where I looked, i'll feel like a dummy lol i do have a ralph's and i'll be sure to go there now! she has the RUNS! lol
Old 05-31-2005, 11:58 AM
Puppy Dog

So my puppy's stool is somewhat incosistent. It's been a week now and sometimes its mushy like pudding, other times its nice and firm. Thsi morning it was firm but the last "piece" was mushy.

He also gets to eat greenies. Do you think the greenies might be causing the softness?
Old 05-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Quigleyfied

it's very well possible. leave out the greenies for a week or two and see what happens.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Puppy Dog

So I wanted to give an update. I've eliminated everythng from his diet except for the EVO food. His stool is somewhat soft still. It's like pudding. When I try to pick it up from the grass with a bag, it leaves a lot of "residual" stuff behind. I was under the impression it should be nice and firm, like a little brick. So far it hasn't happened.

I even cut back a little on his food to make sure I wasn't overfeeding. Do you think maybe he just can't handle this food? Maybe switch to Canidae or Innova Puppy?