Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 01-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Active Pup

Unhappy Has anyone seen my hounddog?

I had a mixed hound named Shelly. She liked to escape from our house and visit Brownie, a dog who lives in the culdasac behind my house (I considered him her boyfriend ). She always escaped so we put up one of those invisible shock fences. She jumped over it. I loved Shelly. You wouldn't ever guess how many times she escaped. But the mountain escape was her last and biggest escape. My dad always took Shelly to the mountains near our house to walk her. But one time, my dad was forgetful. He let Shelly out of his car without her leash on!!!!!! She ran away and we never saw her again. This happened 3 or 4 years ago and she was 2 or 3 years old (maybe she was 4 or 5... ). I miss her terribly. I am always praying for her and wishing to find her. She was the color of tan and maybe some brown spots... or goldish. If anyone knows about any dog like this than please post it!!!! My family is constantly searching for her (at least I am...)!!!!!!!!!!

~*KC*~
Old 01-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Show Dog

I'm sorry,where do you live? Have you tryed her "boyfriend"'s house? Maybe she went there!
Old 02-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Puppy Dog

ditto soccerwoofer. im so sorry that happened... :: prays for you::
*Pet a dog where he can't scratch and he'll always be your friend ~ If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them ~ My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am ~ One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why*
Old 03-31-2004, 10:21 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I know exactly how you feel. About two years ago, my boston terrier ran out the door and just took off. It was dark outside, so me and my 4 year old nephew got flashlights and walked around looking for her. I put up pictures all over town and a couple of days later, I got a phone call. Someone had found her!!! Come to find out, She was just across the street in a neighbors apartment. She was outside calling her dog named Trixie. My dog's name is Dixie. I guess she just got confused. But I was so happy to have her back, and she was very happy to be back. Maybe if you have any pictures, you could put them up at stores and other places. It worked for me.