Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
We all idealize our pets, but some people are utterly irresponsible. It's one thing to forget that not everyone appreciates being licked by your dog when they come into your house,
My dogs lick people who come in my house. If the people don't like it, they don't have to come to my house. My dogs live here. This is THEIR house. They are my dogs and I idealize them and idolize them. I could never wish that a dog would get hit by a car.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Happy

That must mean you're better than me. Kudos.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Top Dog

It means I like dogs so much that I'm not into killing them.... I think that's what I mean.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Top Dog

DOGS LIVE HERE (isn't there another poem like this somewhere...a better one? Does anyone have that?) I always loved that.

If you don't want to be greeted with paws and swinging tails don't come inside because dogs live here.
If you don't like the feel of a cold nose or a wet tongue, don't come inside because dogs live here.
If you don't want to step over many scattered toys, don't come inside because dogs live here.
If you think that a home ought to smell of perfume, don't come inside because dogs live here.
If you don't mind all of this, you will be instantly loved when you come inside, because dogs live here
Old 05-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Stanna

I'm all for responsible pet ownership, including being polite and taking other's comfort into consideration, but that doesn't justify one elevating oneself to a position of moralistic , self rightous judge jury and executioner.

It's not up to you to teach people lessons by threatening their dogs lifes, and if you are into that sort of thing , you should keep it to yourself. Lack of empathy and an overly inflated sense of self rightousness aren't traits to advertise.

I'm personally pretty sickened of your blatant desire to harm a dog just to teach their owners a lesson. If the police were looking for a serial killer in my neighborhood, and you lived nearby, I'd point them in your direction. Maybe it's a bit harsh from me, but that guy who killed his neighbors dogs under the guise of laws and regulations, the BTK guy, was the first thought I had when reading your posts.

If things are such a problem in your area, call the police or animal control. I would have called the police on you if i was either the dogs' owner, or the driver of the car that you endangered.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
It means I like dogs so much that I'm not into killing them.... I think that's what I mean.
Oh. So we're moral equals, but I like to kill dogs. Interesting value system.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanna
I'm all for responsible pet ownership, including being polite and taking other's comfort into consideration, but that doesn't justify one elevating oneself to a position of moralistic , self rightous judge jury and executioner. It's not up to you to teach people lessons by threatening their dogs lifes, and if you are into that sort of thing , you should keep it to yourself. Lack of empathy and an overly inflated sense of self rightousness aren't traits to advertise. I'm personally pretty sickened of your blatant desire to harm a dog just to teach their owners a lesson. If the police were looking for a serial killer in my neighborhood, and you lived nearby, I'd point them in your direction. Maybe it's a bit harsh from me, but that guy who killed his neighbors dogs under the guise of laws and regulations, the BTK guy, was the first thought I had when reading your posts.
But it is up to you to regulate what I say, and it would be ok to report me to the police as a possible serial killer because you don't like me? That's a novel interpretation of anti-authoritarianism.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:35 PM
no touchy

Doberluv--that's a really good poem.

casablanca, all we're saying is that attempting to kill someone else's dog (no matter how annoying it is) isn't the best option.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Stanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by casablanca1
But it is up to you to regulate what I say, and it would be ok to report me to the police as a possible serial killer because you don't like me? That's a novel interpretation of anti-authoritarianism.
If you can't tell the difference, get help now.

For one, I didn't regulate what you said. I didn't even report your post.

Second, it's not illegal to cooperate with the police.

Thirdly, you are the one criticizing folks for breaking leash laws and fighting it by breaking a more serious law yourself. Even if you forget about the dogs, you endangered the driver and anyone near that car through your actions. You can bet I'd report that thoughtless action to the police if I saw anyone doing that.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Top Dog

Casablanca is here only to bait us, folks. Ignore him/her. For someone to come to a dog lover's discussion board and explain how he/she actually WHISTLED for a dog to run out into traffic so it would be possible that the dog was hit and killed to "teach its owner a lesson" is indespicable. That's it. GAME OVER.