Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 05-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

Geeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz .....why haven't we seen more in the press here !!!!! ?????????? , after all it happened in Indiana !
Old 05-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Top Dog

Default New story

Found another article giving more info. Said this teen killed the dogs and ransacked the house (including pissing on the son's bed) in retaliation for the Mom forbidding her son to associate with him when he took a vehicle on a joyride (he's only 14). Piece of sh*t. At least this article said he'd be charged with burglary and "animal cruelty". It better be to the fullest extent!!

This article also contains a slideshow (four pics) of these sweet dogs...

http://www.thelouisvillechannel.com/...90/detail.html
Old 05-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Top Dog

Default Initial Hearing June 6th

LIBERTY, Ind. -- A 14-year-old Union County boy accused of killing two dogs and burglarizing a home on Watt Road on Tuesday was returned to a secure detention center after a hearing Thursday in Union Circuit Court.

An initial hearing for the youth will be held June 6, Union County Probation Officer Don Isaac said. Isaac declined to identify the detention center where the boy is being held.

A petition alleging the youth committed delinquent acts will be filed soon, Isaac said. The acts, if committed by an adult, would be charged as burglary, a Class B felony; two counts of animal cruelty, residential entry and criminal mischief, Class D felonies; reckless possession of paraphernalia, resisting law enforcement and trespassing, Class A misdemeanors; and minor consuming alcohol, a Class C misdemeanor, Isaac said.

The investigation into the case is continuing, Isaac said. An attorney was appointed to represent the youth.

The dogs, a Pomeranian and a pug mix, suffered stab wounds and blunt trauma, apparently having been killed by a broken wine cooler bottle on which dog hair and skin were found, according to the Indiana State Police.

The case of animal cruelty has drawn a lot of media attention from Indianapolis and Cincinnati television stations. Peg Hartman, secretary at the Union County Prosecutor's Office, said media calls to the office began at 2 p.m. Wednesday and didn't stop until about noon Thursday.

The state police were called to the home of Tina and Greg Schneider on Tuesday, after the Schneiders' teen-aged children came home from school and found their home had been ransacked and their dogs missing. The teens told officers that there had been a "falling out" with a neighbor boy after he took one of their vehicles for a joy ride, officers said.

The boy denied being at the Schneider home, but after an argument with his father he fled. Deputies from the Union County Sheriff's Office apprehended him in a foot chase.

Officers found a DVD player, alcohol and clothing in the boy's room, items that were missing from the Schneider home.

A pair of bloody pants that his father said belonged to the boy was found near one of the dogs by a nearby creek.

To comment on this story, contact assistant managing editor Brian Guth at (765) 973-4489 or [email protected].
Old 05-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Top Dog

Keep on it, sleuth !!!! Would love to be in court the 6th !!
Old 06-19-2005, 11:55 PM
I love collies!

Well, what happened? WHat's he getting charged with?
Old 06-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Top Dog

I have found ZERO info on this case!! I even e-mailed PETA and never got a response!!!
Old 07-04-2005, 10:46 PM
For PIT's SAKE!!!!

That is so sad! I will for sure fax a letter over in the morning! What in the world was that child thinking?
Dog Supplies "R" Us
Old 07-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

It may be a little late for that, SouthernPit. (This thread is from May.) But it certainly couldn't hurt to make your voice heard, especially in something as ghastly as this.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Top Dog

I am simply appalled that there was no press on what happened with this case. I even contacted PETA and have yet to hear back from them...
Old 07-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Stare at my avatar....

Let me know if it's still going on so I can help! Wish I saw this thread sooner

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eyeball...then it's PING PONG!!!

Dain bramaged