Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-18-2007, 01:12 AM
Top Dog

Default Boxer Questions

I have a few questions about white boxers. I know they are not within standard, but how do you get one? Does it have anything to do with the colors of the parents, or is it just a spontaneous thing. What percentage of pups are born white?
I have seen three white boxers, and all have been white with brown patches. Has anyone seen a white boxer with black patches? We have one at work, and she looks pure, but I've never seen a black and white one.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:19 AM
Bored Now.

Here ya go.

http://www.newcastleboxers.com/inheritance.shtml

ETA: Wait, I like this one better. It's neater.

http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/vie...oat-colour.htm

Basically the same info, though.

As far as the spotting questions go... I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Many white Boxers have "spotting" on them, their true coloration showing. If the dog is a heavily-coloured brindle underneath the white, some patches that are black might be on the fur, and if the dog was fawn, red or gold could be evident. If you mean black spotting on the skin.. well that's common! Many white dogs have black spotting all over their bodies, but the areas on their skin that show the most are the areas where the hair is thinner, such as belly, insides of legs, armpits, and nose.

Last edited by noludoru; 05-18-2007 at 06:30 AM.