Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 05-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Russian Wolfhound

Default Borzoi Sketch (to be an Oil Painting)

Hi, I'm new here, but have been hanging around, reading and watching for a while...

Anyway, after that's done with, I just thought I'd share a 1st draft of a Borzoi Oil. I just sketched it out, and am now working on getting more detail into the fur/puffy tail/shadows. Then comes paint lol. Anyway, enough blabbering. Here it is -

Old 05-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Russian Wolfhound

Ahh man! Some of the detail got taken out, and it got cut off Oh well, guess teaches me for not buying a scanner. Stupid 30.5CM X 45.7CM Paper
Old 05-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Big Mutts

I can't see it really well, but looks good from what I can see. Welcome to Chazhound too.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Russian Wolfhound

Thank you. I sketched it out REALLY lightly so the lines won't show up on the final. And the picture was taken too dark
If the personification of the perpetuation of the rising climate towards economic diversity is simply a reflected falacy of our subconcious inability to comprehend the meaning of life, what are we doing here?
Old 05-22-2005, 02:07 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i can tell that is a real nice piece of work..oh my yes in deed..you have a great eye for acuracy..congrats..that is hard earned! how long have u been drawing? i looked again..good bone work all the way especially in the feet legs and muzzle i'd give anything to paint in oils..i am having to use acrylic and it is tricky too..would like to have more time for blending!!!!!!!

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,

Last edited by smkie; 05-22-2005 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:51 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I could see enough to be appriciative of your talents my friend. Am most looking forward to seeing your progress.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Russian Wolfhound

Thanks. I've seen alot of oyur work and having you say that means alot to be smkie...

I've been (EDIT that'd be drawing not rawing ) drawing for about 3 years but this is my first REAL attempt at an animal...
The amazing thing is the skrtch took me an hour, and that's longer than I normally take to draw. And this was just a rough...lol.

Anyway, thanks for the comments and C+C, will be posting an update as soon as I get the picture up. Try to take it in some light as well. I just like to draw in the dark lol
If the personification of the perpetuation of the rising climate towards economic diversity is simply a reflected falacy of our subconcious inability to comprehend the meaning of life, what are we doing here?
Old 05-23-2005, 01:36 AM
Russian Wolfhound

Got the final lines done, also made some customers by just displaying it to friends lol Will get another picture up as soon as I can find my camera....

...Where did I put it...
Old 05-23-2005, 03:27 AM
Don't encourage me..

Looks great so far!! Can't wait to see the finished article!! I like to paint with oil paints from time to time! Although I find them frustrating because they take soooooo long to dry!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 05-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Russian Wolfhound

Yeah, I've tried one before and my Kitties stepped all over it before it had time to dry lol...It's probably be hard after the first coat, bt it'll have time to dry because I'm going to toronto for 4 days and that gives it some time.