Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Love my pets

When Max was only a year old he was sitting in front of me outside and leaped onto me from a sitting position. I fell backyards (luckily onto the grass and not the cement) and just cried. I had to go to the doctor to check out my back. I have to always check where Max is and what he facial expression are when I'm outside. There are times I run for the fence to make sure I have something to support me just in case. Oh how I love big dogs! I really do.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Top Dog

Brady busted my lip really good once. Jenny busted my lip too.

I have had leash burns (and scars from them) several times.

My foot gets stepped on with all 80 pounds at least once a week. A couple of days ago, Brady stepped on it, and then Jenny stepped on it right after that.

I have been propelled through the air by Brady and tripped over Jenny and landed on my side in a big puddle of mud in a neighbor's backyard.

I have been pulled down a hill and fallen on the sidewalk and skidded my hands and knees and it was quite painful.

That is all I can think of right now, but I am quite sure there is a lot that I am forgetting about.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Top Dog

Wow! You guys have really had some bad accidents.

Quote:
Since the only part of me sticking out of the water was my head, he decided that was what he would climb up on... He pushed me under about 10 times before I could get him to listen to my "LEAVE IT" command.
Rip....to prevent near drowning in that way, in the future, go down near the bottom of the pool and swim under water away from your dog and then come up for air. Don't try to stay on top while he's pushing you down. Take it from me, an old lifeguard. LOL.

The worst thing my Doberman has done is smack me in the nose with his skull while playing. I know better than to have my head above a horse's head, so why I keep forgetting when I'm playing around my Dobe, I'll never understand. I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time more than once and like that Great Dane's head, the Doberman too, has a big bone that sticks up and boy, does it hurt!

Another mistake I made was playing too exciteably with him and when I wasn't looking, he leapt up and bit my rear, but only managed to rip my shorts. If he had gotten my skin, it would have really hurt. I was rather cross with him that time. "LYRIC!!! A-r-g-g-g!"

My 100 lb GSD use to do that game where he ran at mach speed right toward me. At the very last second, he'd take a step and go around...just a couple of feet before reaching me. Well, once, I really, truly, didn't believe he was going to detour around me, so I stepped to the side. BIG, BIG MISTAKE! We both had the same thought at the same time and he bashed into my knees, forcing them backward, against the way they're suppose to go. A-h-h-h-h....ouch!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Top Dog

I've been pretty pretty lucky with my dogs. Years ago though we was doing changes in the back yard, redoing a fence and our old dog enjoyed being outside but the laws had changed about letting a dog run. I hate chaining but while we did that I would chain up outside for awhile to let him play (he liked playing basketball with the kids). Anyway, I was outside and walked through while he was playing basketball with the kids, I got both my legs wrapped in the chain and as he played the chain went tighter. I was wearing shorts so my legs were totally exposed to the chain. The entire back on both legs where totally black and blue, and was bruised for quite awhile.
Other than that my only accidents with any animal was with a cat. I had a babygate up in a doorway. I was in the kitchen and heard this alwful noise. I turned to see Jacie had put a leash on our cat, it was freaked out and tried to jump over the gate but got tackled. I ran over to save the cat and as I was untangling the leash and taking it off the cat I was being clawed and beat up but the thing. He couldnt help it, he was so scared, didnt know what was going on and was caught on top of a gate. I was a bloody scratched up mess by the time I got that cat off that gate. Jacie watched in shocked and never put a leash on a cat again!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:05 PM
no touchy

Mayberry finds that standing directly on top of my feet is a lot of fun. Digging her big nails into my skin while I say, "May, get off my foot," then finally (five minutes later, when she's still standing there, wagging her tail), "GET OFF MY FOOT, DOG!"
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:07 PM
no touchy

Oh! I forget smacking me in the face...yes, May enjoys swinging around, banging into people. She's bonked me in the mouth quite a few times.

Tippy likes to play with her feet a lot. I've I'm wrestling with her, she puts her head down and bounce a long with her legs all stiff and knocks into me, pawing at me, and of course using her cute little happy noise of "awoowooowooowooo! awoooooooooo!"
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:30 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

When my daughter was about 12..we had to share a bedroom..we even had bunk beds..only in single parent land..odwell..i had the top bunk and she the bottom..Bronki slept on the top with me. Don't even remember why we had the top either..Bronki was always careful to jump down on the side of the bed where Mypy wasnt..but one morning she rolled over at the same time he jumped and landed squarely in her stomach... i never felt so bad in my whole life..she was a solid young woman and tho it hurt it didn't cause any serious injury..i think that would have about killed me..Bronki weighed 80 lbs...for people thinking of getting bunk beds for their kids..what the store never tells you is it is hot up there by the ceiling... way to hot.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Felurian

I used to walk Purdue, my First German Shepherd, in the big plazas that ran the length of the streets in my neighborhood in Wilmington, NC. That was fine until one day something darted out from under the azaleas. I wasn't paying attention and he took off, jerking me off my feet and dragging me for about half a block! I tore a big chunk out of my right thigh (through my jeans) on a tree root that was sticking up. When he realized what he'd done he was the most pitiful, contrite creature in the world. Hurt like mad the next day too. Talk about being stiff and sore and banged up! Bruises from head to toe.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Felurian

Debi, didn't Hammie bust your lip open once?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Big Mutts

Carey's knocked me on the bottom of my chin, with her head, maknig me bite my tounge. Her toenails are the worst though, I'll be walikng through the house and of course, she is right behind me, into every room, I'll stop but she doesn't and those nails catch me right on the back of my heel. My mama has a scar, Angel (her white GSD) and Carey were playing and rough housing, Carey has a bad habit of pushing with her back legs to get up, she pushed and my mom's arm just happened to be right there, it's prob 5-6 inches long!