Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-19-2005, 12:11 AM
Active Pup

Default Ouch... A question for you dog owners.

This is kind of an odd question....
What's the worst thing your pet has done to you?
Not on purpose, just one of those freakish accidents that happen?

One time I was petting Baby as she stood in the living room. I bent down over her to kiss her forehead, as I did that she desided it would be fun to rear her head up. As she did this her hard Great dane scull bashed into my lip. blood filled my mouth. it hurt.

One day I was in the back yard scooping poop. I was bending over to pick up one, when along came Tikeya running FULL speed towards me. She couldent stop in time and we hit heads... I had a brooz, she didnt get hurt at all lol. silly pup.

Watch out where thoughs huskies go, and dont you eat that yellow snow
Old 05-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Island dweller

Oh Mikey bit me yesterday. Him and Nanook were nuzzling on the ground and it turned ugly and my knee got bit. Steve got bit too and I think that's what broke the fight up. They both were like "oops!" "sorry!"

Old 05-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Top Dog

Took my dobie Nikki out for a run. She would do this hilarious fly-by thing where she'd run past at 100 miles an hour right past you, as close as she could get without touching. One day, in the snow and ice, we went for a run. I was walking on the ice-covered path while Nikki played her zoom game. One little slip and she smashed into me, knocking me backwards onto the icy path and completely knocking the wind out of me. I jumped up and picked her up, made sure she was okay (just a little shaken), and took her home. I didn't feel any pain while I was looking her over, trying to make sure she wasn't hurt. Turned out I had a broken rib and a dislocated shoulder!
Old 05-19-2005, 02:31 AM
Are you dead yet?

Dakota knocked me out cold a few weeks ago. He and I were wrestling on the floor, he jumped aroundand bumped into my TV stand, knocking the TV off and letting it hit the back of my head. (Thankfully it didn't land on me, just knocked my head once)
Today I was swimming with him, and he decided he wanted to push off of my body to swim to the other side of the pool, and his hind claw ripped a 2" gash in my arm. It wasn't deep, but it was bleeding so much that I thought he'd nearly killed me.
Also once in the pool, I was swimming in the deep end (The deep end of our pool is 9ft deep) and Dakota decided he wanted me to HOLD him... Since the only part of me sticking out of the water was my head, he decided that was what he would climb up on... He pushed me under about 10 times before I could get him to listen to my "LEAVE IT" command.

Another time, I was walking my Grandpa's Mini Schnauzer, Sam, when I was about 11, in Grandpa's house in Las Vegas. As we turned around a corner I'd never been down, Sam saw a lizard and decided to run after it. I wasn't expecting that at all and had to lunge and fall for the leash because it slipped out of my hand... I caught the leash but wound up running straight into a cactus and getting literally covered in spines. I was trying to back away, but Sam kept pulling me farther into the cactus. When I got control of her and pulled myself away from the thing, I was bleeding out of about 150 holes in my body, I had spines sticking out of my head, chest, back, arms and upper legs, AND I was wearing a white shirt, so I'm sure I was an interesting sight walking down the street.

Ripley has never injured me beyond tiny holes being punched in my hand.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:19 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Victor gave me a black eye by pouncing on me one morning while i was still in bed
Spacey Casey the wonderdog broke my wrist
Garg ran in to me right after i had tmj surgery..i thought i would pass out!
Biscuit bit my hand when i was breaking up a fight between him and Jig..tooth went right between my second and third finger..27 stitches..
Sally tripped me on the deck and made me go splat..(she laffed at me too!)
Had one dog on the farm bite me in the eye by accident..her tooth literally slid in between the eye and hit the back of the socket..i think that was the worst of all. Fortunately it did no long term damage i was very lucky! I had a couple other bites, but those were not from my dogs..a kennel work hazard that was just par for the course.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-19-2005, 04:41 AM
Terrier Lover!

When we adopted our Rattie, Holly at 14 weeks old last summer, we decided that Lucy would still have the bed (with us) and Holly would sleep in her crate, since she was used to doing that. We felt guilty that Lucy got the bed with us, and Holly had to sleep in the crate... and since hubby gets up at 4:30 or 5 AM most mornings, and I get up about 8 AM... he started letting Holly outside to potty when he gets up, and then lets her come sleep in the bed with Lucy and I, until I get up. Holly does fine until she gets sound asleep under the covers... but if anything suddenly startles her... she attacks and bites any body part (mine!) that is near her! Most of the time it doesn't cause any damage... but have had several single tooth punctures! She looks so sorry once she figures out what she's done.. but I'm REALLY glad that she ISN'T in the bed all night long... I might end up looking like Swiss Cheese... by a 9 pound dog!

Old 05-19-2005, 05:56 AM
Don't encourage me..

Gus broke my nose last year!! My friend was staying for a holiday and she had got Gus all in a tizzy so I bent down to try and calm him down a bit and at the exact time I bent down he jumped up and SLAM full force onto the bottom of my nose (nostril end) and pushed up! Ouch! That hurt!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 05-19-2005, 06:46 AM
Top Dog

My girl Athena (brown one in my Avatar) jumped up one time when I bent over to pet her. He Bully head hit me right in the mouth and chip my tooth. I also saw stars for alittle while. It was like getting punched by a full grown man....now that was ouch.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:04 AM

while walking Addie this past winter, she decided to go fast...on ice. My feet flew out, I landed on my back and kept sliding. I had the wind knocked out so I couldn't even yell out for her to stop. OH..she thought we were having a GREAT time! I don't know how many times I've been drying Hammie off after rain or being out in snow...when I stupidly get reminded that my head is directly over his......WHAM! up comes his big head right into the bottom of my chin. see some stars...you'd think I'd learn!!! You've all heard me mention that Ham has the habit of just coming up behind me and pushing me by ramming his head into my rear...I've gone flying around the kitchen more than once while wearing just my socks. (should never wax that floor!!)
Old 05-19-2005, 07:56 AM
mostly ignored...

Oh my. I'm a clutz on my own so I don't really NEED my dogs to help me out but so far all of them have willingly enough.
Dixie, my first dog, wasn't all that big, maybe 40lbs at her chunkiest, but I was a tiny skinny scrawny kid (what on earth happened?! ) and when she went to chase a squirrel around our backyard she drug me alllll around the yard. I wasn't hurt badly, but I had mud all over my clothes and had the wind knocked out of me, some scratches on my knees and all that. The worst of it my mom had seen the whole thing and when she was sure I was really okay she laughed so long at me I'm sure it had to look silly but a little sympathy huh ma?

Hunter dog ran downstairs and someone had left the front door open. I dove off the last step and tried to run to the front door and close it before he noticed it was open. It was dark and chasing the speeding bullet around our neighborhood in the dark was not a fun idea. Well, I was in socks and the front hall is slippy lanolium, which is a bad combo to begin with. Hunter was running laps between the kitchen, livingrooms and diningroom. I thought I would be safe to dart for the door. Silly boy ran RIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF ME, causing me to trip over his side and slide the rest of the way down the hallway, hitting my knees hard on the floor and my head on the door. So my initial goal of closing the door was accomlished but I spent the next week on crutches (could have almost been a wheelchair but one knee hurt less badly then the other )

When Sunny was much smaller I thought I would introduce him to swimming by filling the tub up with warm water and toys and see what he thought. I sat in the tub with him on my lap then gradually lowered him into the water. It was so cute, he swam beautifully and seemed to really enjoy chasing the bottle around in the water but all of a sudden it dawned on him what was going on and that I wasn't holding him in the evil water (sigh) he turned around and launched out of the water onto my (bare) chest with his sharp puppy claws and dug in. OUCH.