Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-18-2005, 10:00 PM
I love collies!

Default Wolf mixes

Who has one? I was grooming one this afternoon and wow, it was beautiful. Wolf-malamute mix I think and it looked like a pure wolf. And it was well behaved. Does anybody have or know somebody who has one?
Old 05-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Felurian

Bimmer's GSD/wolf - easy on the wolf.

My Bear was a GSD/Akita mix, and with the exception of his big plumed tail curling over his back he looked just like a timberwolf. He was easily one of the best dogs I've ever been around in my life.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Active Pup

I had a malamute wolf mix... he had a high prey drive.
We could never have cats, small animals, or other male dogs around.
He wasnt a high bred wolf, he only had a little in him. eough to make the prey drive known.

Watch out where thoughs huskies go, and dont you eat that yellow snow
Old 05-20-2005, 10:54 PM
I love collies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colliekid
Who has one? I was grooming one this afternoon and wow, it was beautiful. Wolf-malamute mix I think and it looked like a pure wolf. And it was well behaved. Does anybody have or know somebody who has one?
correction:
wolf-Akita
Old 05-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Puppy Dog

a firend of mine has a PB timber wolf and a TimberXMalamute they are beautiful (but Huge)
Old 05-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Playful Husky Pup

my dad had one or two when I was kid and their a well known in the racing world. Their good dogs I guess but like I have said i have only seen them in the working world. I was never alowed around ours because they were unpredictable and my dad also always told me it was unresponsible to let one run loose (these are primarly wolf hybrids ). I personally would never want one just because and I think its wrong when people purposely breed these dogs.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 05-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Top Dog

I have Alaskan Malamutes. they have a strong prey drive already they don't need the wolf prey drive adding to this, I really don't know why people cross/mate like this the wolf is a magnificent breed in its own rights, and so are malamutes, personally I don't think mixing the two make a more than magnificent animal, but that only my personal oppinion.

Mo
Old 05-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Big Dog

We had a wonderful shepherd/wolf mix, Kane, he was truly the best dog we've ever had. He was 75% GSD, 25% timber wolf, and while I don't recommend just going out and buying a wolf dog, if I could have a clone of him I'd take it in a heartbeat. He was extremely attentive, more intelligent than most people, and was very trainable and well-behaved. He could fetch various objects on command, his only behavior problem was some separation anxiety.

Unfortunately things were a little unstable at home at the time...he was extremely protective of me and my mother, and ended up being killed in a domestic violence situation when he was trying to protect us....my mom still tears up when she talks about that dog.

Here are some pictures of him (I couldn't figure out how to put them on the post, sorry):
http://groups.msn.com/Anne-MariesPla...oto&PhotoID=10
http://groups.msn.com/Anne-MariesPla...oto&PhotoID=13
http://groups.msn.com/Anne-MariesPla...oto&PhotoID=15
http://groups.msn.com/Anne-MariesPla...oto&PhotoID=16
http://groups.msn.com/Anne-MariesPla...hoto&PhotoID=9
Old 05-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Felurian

Kane has a lot of the look that Bimmer has, especially through the eyes. The markings are different, but the look is there. And those are the same big ol' radar ears, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Happy

Just curious - how do you tell if your dog is really part wolf, or a big Mal/Akita/etc mix? DNA testing?