The Emotions of Canines

I would sit and watch Princess when she wanted to play with the neighbors dog so bad and couldnt. She'd actually throw what I called a fit. She'd grab a stick or something and fling it then go lay down and whine. It looked like a child who didnt get their way, throws a toy down then stomps off to their room to cry.
It's not just dogs either. You ever see a squirel that was hit by a car and its little one or mate sitting by it's dead body like it's griefing? Thats so sad. I seen a momma possum dead by the road and it's baby sitting by the body like it was lost. There is a place in WI that takes in lions and tigers. I was reading that when one dies the others cry very loudly. It was very interesting.

We dont need any scientific studies to tell us if a dog has emotions. We could save them alot of time and money just by writing out the things we've seen through our lives to prove they do show emotions.

Cidney

Of course dogs have emotions, in fact my very first post on this board was about the way myYorkie, Scooter can laugh. I know when Scooter is laughing because I can hear it, it isnt just smiling and wagging his tail, he makes an actual sound when he laughs. Its not a hahah or hehehe like us but is an audiable laugh.

I think animals are far more intellegent than most people give them credit for. How can you explain the way some dogs know when there owner is on their way home before they walk in the door or how some know when a thunder storm is near by when its still sun shinning out. My dog starts to act stressed way before its acutally raining or thundering. I think animals like dogs are gifts to us from god and it saddens me deeply when I see or hear someone negelecting or abusing one of the most precious creatures we have been blessed with.

Doberluv

I love your post Cidney! And all the stories of all of your dogs... :p They really are wonderful creatures, aren't they.

Members online