Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisMorphine View Post
No prob. Not sure if linking to other forums is allowed (too sleepy to look at the TOS) so if this isn't acceptable please remove, but here's a link for ya:
http://www.thepitbullplace.com/index...honest+kitchen
That means that Paul McCartney, Thom Yorke (Radiohead), and a million other people should be boycotted, as well.

I don't agree with PETA but its ridiculous to chastise The Honest Kitchen for indirectly supporting them.

I'm happy with the results that I've seen and I'm going to continue to feed it, despite the price.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I can't seem to finding the feeding recommendations for this food... We're really happy with Orijen, but I'm being curious
Their website isn't very intuitive.

Feeding Guidelines:
http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/prod...uidlines.shtml

Nutritional Info (very complete):
http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/prod...mparison.shtml
Old 05-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I dont see them listed like it said in that thread....Where are they if you dont mind pointing them out
http://www.petabusinessfriends.com/about.asp
Old 05-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
That means that Paul McCartney, Thom Yorke (Radiohead), and a million other people should be boycotted, as well.

I don't agree with PETA but its ridiculous to chastise The Honest Kitchen for indirectly supporting them.

I'm happy with the results that I've seen and I'm going to continue to feed it, despite the price.
They should be boycotted. Sorry, anyone who thinks that my dogs should be taken from me, would rather see my dogs PTS than survive loved and happy, does not deserve my respect.

Do some research into PETA (I was a supporter about 10 years ago) and you will be horrified at what they really stand for. They hide behind the guise of nudity and fur and there is so much more to them . . .
Old 05-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
I dont see them listed like it said in that thread....Where are they if you dont mind pointing them out
http://www.petabusinessfriends.com/about.asp
Our donation to PETA was last year and we will not be donating to them again
I'm assuming their donation must have run out, but trust me they were on there.

Hopefully they have done some research into what PETA really is and that's why they did not donate again. It is actually a huge relief to see the name of a raw-ish food company off of their list (how hypocritical is that seeing as how PETA supports vegan and veggie diets for cats and dogs?!).

So I am very happy to see their name off of that list. But still not a fan of the price nor the random extras that are added to the food.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Oh ok I was just wanting to make sure that I wasnt skipping over something...sometimes I tend to skim words when i should really be reading thats why I asked
Old 05-14-2007, 11:17 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

It's VERY expensive in my area.

ETA: Just read the link that was provided- yikes.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents View Post
It's VERY expensive in my area.

ETA: Just read the link that was provided- yikes.
"The Honest Kitchen is a PETA Business Partner. As far as the pet food industry is concerned, PETA is working to highlight some of the cruel and unnecessary laboratory-based animal testing that takes place in pet food production. In addition, their lobbying of various meat industries has culminated in the improvement of the living conditions of many animals destined for meat production. These are the primary reasons The Honest Kitchen has associated with PETA. We do not conduct animal laboratory testing and we are striving to use 100% humanely raised meats in all our products in the near future."

Yikes? I thought that was kind of responsible on their part.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Rebel With Cause

Well after giving it a try and in light of the dog food poisoning in the country I will feed it until someone proves to me that dog food is safe. I did my homework and I know they are not allowing anything into the food that is not safe. I must say that I am now noticing a big improvement in my dogs and that is good enough for me at this point. Whiskey is looking better then ever and Kahlua's health continues to improve so it will be HK and EVO for them until something else id found to be better. In light that they may or may not support Peta is no big factor to me. You all do not like the cigarette industries either yet they own Nabisco and many other things you do buy. So you are supporting them as well. In this day and age you really do not know what company funds what. They need tax shelters because they are ripping us off daily.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Chihuahua Power!

In every formula, they list "vitamins and minerals." What are these vitamins and minerals, exactly? I like to know exactly what is in my dog food... for all I know, menadione could be in that mixture.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep