Meet Sampson.

Hes the male Great Dane that lives across the street. He came over to meet Zelda today.

He actually takes longer to eat a rawhide than my pups.

Check out these paws.

He loves kids lol. And kids love him.

Yum Yum.

The only thing is... I got nosy and asked what he eats. He eats beniful....
I tried to inform his owner.. but it was a no go, i guess i have to try harder next time. I did offer to give him some of the yummy dehydrated chicken jerky i'm making, and he gladly accepted.

Anyway, thats Sampson. Hes a funny pooch.

Brattina88

Gorgeous coloring!! Wow, love it!

I noticed the nails too :p
Hope we get to hear about this boy again, sometime ;)

Im sure you will. I want him and zelda to have a play session with running and all that jazz, but im just really afraid he would unintenionlly hurt her lol, he weights a lot compared to her yet. ^_^ Hes actually very gentle, but he likes to play like any dog too, and Zelda plays so crazy that she gets him all wound up and they were so crazy on lead. I dont know, haha, im just parnoid of my little baby getting hurt. :p

edit, i noticed his nails we long too, but they didnt really touch the ground when he stood up.

Brattina88

Im sure you will. I want him and zelda to have a play session with running and all that jazz, but im just really afraid he would unintenionlly hurt her lol, he weights a lot compared to her yet. ^_^ Hes actually very gentle, but he likes to play like any dog too, and Zelda plays so crazy that she gets him all wound up and they were so crazy on lead. I dont know, haha, im just parnoid of my little baby getting hurt. :p
Rightly so.
Maddie was litterally stepped on by a great dane when she was a pup. She yelped and everything - it was a pretty dramatic incident at petsmart... She's afraid of Great Danes, Saint Bernards, Newfs or any other Huge Dog at first, until she meets them and then they don't hurt her within the first 5mins :rolleyes: We've only met 2-3 in her whole entire life, they're pretty rare around here!

He's a stunning dog!

ohh yeah.. i guess that would be Merle too.. I didn't nkow Danes came in the "merle" form.. hehe
Actully merle is a bad color in danes, it happens when an arlequin mix whit a blue.

The only accepted colors are

Solid: black
fawn
blue

Non solid:
brindle
arlequin (pure white whit black patches)
mantle or boston (black whit some white markingslike the boston terrier or border collie)

Even if is not an acepted color, this is a pretty dog :)

One time I saw a puppy in a pet shop that was arlequin but insted of black she/he had fawn patches and in the border of the patches was brown, pretty puppy. ;)

Members online

No members online now.