Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-18-2005, 08:15 AM
Love my pets

Hope Sunny feels better today. Smkie, I know what you mean about finding a vet that knows about different breeds. Anatolians are considered to be like sighthounds when it comes to getting anesthesia. They can't get too much or it is harmful. We made sure to tell the vet about this every step of the way before Max got neutered.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:42 AM
mostly ignored...

Sunny is doing MUCH better today but is still wary of me being around his nether regions. I rolled him over to check and he VERY GENTLY took my hand in his mouth and pulled it away. I think he can tell I want to help because he is making sure not to be nasty but to let me know he wants to be left alone. I just wish there was something I could do for him. I fed him this morning and he devoured it as if he hadn't eaten in a year. He DID have to fast before surgery but we just didnt' let him eat after midnight monday and didn't give him breakfast tuesday. Poor pup. We had cheesesteaks yesterday and I normally share my last bite with him, but he was in his crate laying down, and couldn't eat. But OOOOH did he want it, he cried so badly. My little drama queen Hopefully he'll be right as rain since he doesn't seem to be doing poorly today.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Top Dog

Make sure he doen NOT LICK!