Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-15-2007, 04:41 PM
koda bear

Well since you are commited to the idea of a husky let me say congrats for taking on the puppy workload mine will be a year old next week tuesday. I think one of the most important things that you should do if your puppy is going to be an inside dog is make sure she gets used to her kennel. I dident untill about a week after i brought her home by then it seemed hopeless all she would do at night was howl or bark untill i let her out, to this day to say the least she is sleeping on my bed my bad.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:12 PM
The dog is never wrong!

Yep, they will howl, whine and bark the first week or so after you bring them home. Dont cave in and let them out of the kennel and bring them in with you! Yes its annoying, and yes you wont get much sleep, but it really is for the better. They'll soon learn to love thier crate, and think of it as a "safe haven". They'll go to it when they are feeling stressed or just need to relax.
And a dog is never too old to be crate trained.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Has the siamese disease

I personally like their howling "singing" lol! its sweet but it does get annoying if you try to watch white fang and your friends dog likes to sing to the wolfy on tv. :P

***Kitty's name is Tsume ***
Old 05-18-2007, 10:37 AM
woof!

Huskies are one of the most beautifull breeds, my fav color is red and white whit blue eyes.

My bro whants to buy me one, but since I have heart problems I can't give the excersice they need.

I could faint and the dog will keep running whit me fainted on the other side of the chain

Since I get tired very easy, my doctor also said I can't over exersice me.

That's why I have a puppy called Kiba in the nintendo DS nintendogs game, he's a champion in agylity
But he's a bit stubburn just like real huskies
Old 05-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Feet Licker

I finally thought up some good names for he puppy. My parents want to name her "Sugar" cause she is white, but what if the puppy is anything but sweet?! Bleh. Dont really like the name. I thought Tundra would be an awesome name. Huskies are arctic dogs, and Tundra is a sort of biome that is baren and white and beautiful. I would have to talk every body into it, but I still think its a good name for a Siberian Husky. Either Tundra or Teaka. Teaka I chose because it has a nice sound to the name and it sounds traditional.

I have Nintendogs too! I have a husky named Sasha who is a champ in disk-catching. I also have a daschund named Rusty who is a champion in agility and obedience. That game is pretty fun, but it gets annoying after a while... Ive come down with a throat infection and havnt felt well enough to play any game lately... I wish I could pause it, but I would have to give away my dogs in order to get a break from it. Its good at teaching you responsibility. I would say the game is pretty life-like.
Basil, Angel and Mossy (rats)
Sunny (cockatiel)

Sugar, the new puppy!
Old 05-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Has the siamese disease

I have the nintendogs dalmatian version, I have a boxer named joe and a husky named shade ^.^ I love my boxer though he is cute.

As for names I like indian names for huskies don't ask me why. I always loved the black, silver and white huskies with blue or bi-eyes.

***Kitty's name is Tsume ***
Old 05-24-2007, 07:08 PM
My_dog_pongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches 'n Cream View Post
Im gonna be getting a husky puppy in a few months. I figured I would read up on the breed and training as much as possible before she arives. Do any of you know any good Husky info sites around...links on training them, or do you have expirience with the breed yourself? If so, I would love to hear from you! I need all the info I can get! I love huskies and I cant wait to learn about em...
You could go to www.google.com or [url]www.ask.com, at ask.com you can just ask for sites about huskies or just plain dogs. Or you could go to google and type huskies.
HIH "Hope it Helps"
Old 05-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Taxiderpy

I once knew a husky named Timber, and my sister in Fairbanks lives with a pack of sled dogs. One is named Qanuk, it's inuit for snowflake. I like the names you picked though, Tundra is very pretty! (hint, spend more time teaching your name than your mom's name, so she won't respond to Sugar )
Old 05-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Tundra was my very first Siberian's name Thus, I'm partial to that name.

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 05-30-2007, 05:13 AM
Active Pup

LOL my husky howled for the first SIX months of us having her. and i dont just mean 20 mins at night, i mean ALL night, her crate was wet with her panting in the morning from howling all night and banging her crate. we tried just having her in a room but she dug a hole in the wall lol... but after the six months she got used to it and would go in quite happily