Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Tillie and Dixie too

Default thoughts on my other two?

I have two other dogs besides Jaxon.

Dixie- The black one on the left is 7 years old. Her tail curls and her tounge is black so we think she is part chow. I used to live next door to a border collie owner and her bodytype [when we cute her long hair] is a lot like theirs. What do you think she may be?

Tillie- The little one on the right is a little over a year. Last August I rescued her from a shelter. She was 15lbs smaller! Wasting away. I loved her from the day I saw her. I was told she was an australian shepherd mixed with a beagle. She has a lot more hunting instincts than my other ones for sure. Your thoughts on her?

I am happy I found this site. I have never known what my dogs are [other than extremely wonderful] and I hope some of you can help. At least with some educated guesses if nothing else.

thanks.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Water Junkie

I see Border Collie in Dixie's head (face, ears, ect). Not sure about the body, but it's possible.

First breed that came to mind when looking at Tillie was Smooth Collie. I had a collie that looks just like her in one of my training classes. I do see a little beagle, but not much.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Top Dog

I've seen Border Collie mixes that look like Dixie before.

I'm not that good at this game, but they are so cute!
Old 05-04-2007, 10:27 PM
BusterLove

tillie looks like she might be Australian shephaerd mix, maybe with GSD. Lizmo, i agree with you about the collie. i can see that to. maybe instead of Aus shephard. i was leanignn there also becuase of the merle colouring on her back. she definetly has a shelphard face though. i don't know a lot about wither of those breeds though.

dixie i see something like kelpie or border collie, i would almost lean towards kelpie but i don't think their as common there. so probably the border. with a black tongue you might be right about chow mix.

gorgeous dogs.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Tillie and Dixie too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s View Post
dixie i see something like kelpie
Oh my goodness! She looks a whole lot like them!! Too bad the arent common over here. =/ I would def believe thats what she had in her.

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Are you dead yet?

Dixie looks like a shepherd/chow mix. Tillie looks to me like a collie mix, maybe part Catahoula too.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Active Pup

I see Catahoula in Tillie too!