Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Fishies!

I have a spreadsheet made up for food cost calculations. A few calculations show that there are 120 cups per 33lb bag.

At 4 cups per day, thats around a month, far longer than you're lasting.

A liquid measuring cup, to the rim is a bit more than a cup, but does not explain the difference. You said it comes closer to 1.5 cups dry, so 6 cups total per day. Even at 6 cups each, it should be lasting longer. Are you sure you do not have a food thief?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Top Dog

I'm positive. I have it stored in the Innova bag inside an airtight container (see I pay attention to y'all) and I am the only one that can open it. I live alone. My dogs are brilliant, but not that smart.

Now I am going to go even more crazy. I am not leaving anything out I swear. I just checked my bank statement and the last charge was 4/20 (or whatever date that was) for $43 from dogbone alley. I only bought food. I remember cuz I carried it and had the boy with me so I couldn't carry anything else to the car.

Maybe when my body gets used to the horome overload the light will go off and I'll know what I am missing. I know I only feed them 2x's cuz I work 10 hour days, I don't think I feed them an extra time w/out realizing it. I mean that would be totally overfeeding them and they would have explosive runs right?

thank you everyone!!!!!

Last edited by whackichic; 05-03-2007 at 11:50 PM. Reason: ps
Old 05-04-2007, 07:38 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Hmm... Banzai and Bella are on this food. They both get, depending on their daily activity two to three cups per/day (well, the depending amount is really based on Bella, as she is a growing pup and goes through growth spurts, etc). The Innova bag lasts us at least a month and longer depending on how much Bella is fed. Banzai's diet is based on 1500 cals/day. Hope that helps.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by whackichic View Post
I'm positive. I have it stored in the Innova bag inside an airtight container (see I pay attention to y'all) and I am the only one that can open it. I live alone. My dogs are brilliant, but not that smart.

Now I am going to go even more crazy. I am not leaving anything out I swear. I just checked my bank statement and the last charge was 4/20 (or whatever date that was) for $43 from dogbone alley. I only bought food. I remember cuz I carried it and had the boy with me so I couldn't carry anything else to the car.

Maybe when my body gets used to the horome overload the light will go off and I'll know what I am missing. I know I only feed them 2x's cuz I work 10 hour days, I don't think I feed them an extra time w/out realizing it. I mean that would be totally overfeeding them and they would have explosive runs right?

thank you everyone!!!!!
Sometimes it takes a while for charges to hit your bank account. There might have been some lag.

As someone else already mentioned, variety is good. If you can save money with another high quality food, then why not switch?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Top Dog

The female will get diarhea for a few days and I can't imagine that makes her feel good. Each time I switch food (3x's now) she has not switched over smoothly.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Top Dog

Ok, I ran out of food today. It's been 16 days. What gives?
Old 05-19-2007, 10:04 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Holy cow. Really?

16 days? How big of a bag did you get?

Old 05-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Dont feel bad...I thought I was feeding Chloe 2 cups a day (but silly me, my line that I used to measure was crooked) so I was actually feeding Chloe 4 cups a day when she was eating regular Innova....
Old 05-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Top Dog

Im going batty over this. I buy the 33# bag. I swear its a plastic liquid 8oz measuring cup. I found that was easier then using a 1 cup and a 1/2 cup dry one. Thanks for the replies. I'll just concede and keep buying it whe I run out. If it gets too expensive then Canidae it is. They aren't getting fat nor having pudding poo so I know it's not too much.
Have a lovely day everyone! Its gorgeous here today.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:11 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

I don't know what's going on, then. Banzai and Bella are on this food and it lasts about a month. We just switched Buddy back to it and I'll have to see how long a bag lasts. My, that's just a short amount of time with such a big bag! I'm baffled.