Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-03-2007, 05:41 AM
BusterLove

ooo. wait. if your away for THAT long everyday i DO NOT recomend a dog. they need a LOT of attention. maybe a cat? rats, rabbits, fish (they are SO much fun) are probably all better options if you have to leave for that long

Old 05-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Actually m_rose, I disagree. I don't think he has time for any animal. It's not fair to leave cats or rabbits alone all the time, either. I have cats and a rabbit and I would not leave them like that if I were consistently away from home so much.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:18 PM
and Spy.

How 'bout this kind?

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidoo View Post
I want to buy a dog. Give me best possible options which dog should be suitable for me. I live alone in a single apartment and will have time for the dog in the morning and after office at 5 pm. I want to keep him in my room and I want a friendly dog which is also a guard dog and would take him outside daily for a walk. Suggesstions?
I too am wondering what happened to the GSD puppy you mentioned...

In regards to what kind of dog you should get, well Steiff puts out a lovely line of stuffed animals...stuffed animals are ever so cuddly! They won't do much for the "guard dog" factor...(unless you leave them on the floor and pray that any would be intruders trip, of course there is the more intelligent option of investing in a good home security system.) but their exercise and attention requirements are even less then you are willing to give a living breathing pet..
Old 05-04-2007, 09:41 PM
BusterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s View Post
ooo. wait. if your away for THAT long everyday i DO NOT recomend a dog. they need a LOT of attention. maybe a cat? rats, rabbits, fish (they are SO much fun) are probably all better options if you have to leave for that long
okay good point. i suppose it depends on the cat to. panda hardly talks to me during the day but he just loves to cuddle up at night.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:35 PM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by casablanca1 View Post

Many loyal and slightly blind fans of Great Danes, Rottweilers, Mastiffs, etc., claim that their breeds' quieter nature makes them excellent apartment pets - ie, the Danes are sleeping on the couch while the Fox Terrier is doing backflips off the ceiling.

Please do explain the slightly blind comment?

I've lived in an apartment for the past 5 years....my last dane spent her senior years in an apartment and my current dane grew up in an apt.

It doesn't take a millionairre with a palatial home to own a dog (large or small)...only a dedicated owner who will tend to his/her dog's needs. Great danes DO make wonderful inside pets, regardless of the size of the home. They take up minimal space inside, but yes, they will hog your sofa and bed if you let them. They do require outdoor exercise, but so do all dogs.

A RESPONSIBLE owner can certainly own a dane in small quarters. An IRRESPONSIBLE owner should not have any pet, regardless of the size of their home.

I'm just curious how I'm slightly blind?