Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 05-30-2005, 02:02 AM
Taco Dog

I assist in declaws also, and though I don't really agree with it, I like the method we use much better than ones I have heard of before. They put the cat under anesthesia and while it is sleeping, they get some forcips and pull the claw so that it is fully exposed as if the cat were showing the claw itself. They then laser the entire "finger" off which includes the nail. The laser basically seals everything up, but just in case there is a bleeder, then they use tissue glue to close it.
I'm not saying I agree with it, but I think this method is safer, less messy, and more sanitary.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 05-30-2005, 10:39 AM
no touchy

I'm completely against declawing. I have two sisters that have cats (one has twelve, the other two) and none of their cats are declawed (as far as I know).

I've seen the covers too, and personally I don't think I'd use them, actually. They seem hard to get on and off and annoying to the cat.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Top Dog

I heard they fall off really easily. I just clip my cats nails. She is used to it even though she does whine when we do it, but that is just for effect. She whines when we do anything, such as brush her, pet her, kiss her, love her. The only time she doesn't whine is when we are putting food in her bowl.

But anyway, I do just clip her nails and I don't have to that often since she had a scratching post.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Love my pets

Renee, how does catnip help in clipping their nails. Tiny I can do without a problem, but Bear lets me do maybe one or two nails at a time before he runs. I never can manage to do the back ones.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:44 PM
I W A L R

soft paws thingies are torture.Cats NEED their nails!What if they get loose and get to a stream with fish?how are they gonna catch one?How are they gonna get mice?