Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 03-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Puppy Dog

Is it true that the pitbull ban in ontario will be fought on may 16 and pitbulls will probably be allowed in ontario again.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Dobiegurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottiegirl
I am talking about fatalities, not simple dog bites. From what I read pit bulls or pit bull mixes killed more people than any other breed or mix.
Well, Rotts aren't very far behind. Would it be fair to have BSL on them, too. I'm sure if they tried to ban Rotties you would fight for them. Some people love pit bulls and have the right to fight for their beloved breed/breeds. Just because Pit Bull attacks are more devestating does not make them more or less agressive than a dog that did not kill a person. It just makes them stronger and more determined which is what they were breed for. The human race created these such dogs and now when a few people get hurt they want to get rid of them. We, as the human race, need to step up and take responsibility for our actions. We created this dog and thats what happens, people get hurt, when you play with fire your gonna get burned. Now since people have realized that some of these dogs have the potential to seriously injure someone they want to throw away what they have created. There are no reprocussions for your actions anymore and thats whats wrong with the world today. You can get away with things and suffer no consequence. This is what we have created and we need to find ways to help these dogs instead of kicking them out. It's not their fault they were born a pit, most of them being wonderful dogs. People are so ignorant sometimes, it makes me sick.

I will always fight for the Pit Bulls.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:09 PM
F150 and a .30-06

We have to look at Human Ignorance, not just the dog owners but people who whitnes atacks.

Can we be 100% sure that the person actually knows that it was a pit or pit mix and not some other breed? Thats why I dont take dog bite poll that seriously. It's relying too much on people who may be wrong.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 03-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Dobiegurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK
We have to look at Human Ignorance, not just the dog owners but people who whitnes atacks.

Can we be 100% sure that the person actually knows that it was a pit or pit mix and not some other breed? Thats why I dont take dog bite poll that seriously. It's relying too much on people who may be wrong.

All those stats are rigged. People only see what they want to see and people have always had it in for the pitts. Any little thing involving the pitts in a negative way is braodcasted, on the cover page of newspapers to make the pitts look bad. But how many times have you seen "little girl attacked by a lab" on the front cover of the newspaper.

Do you guys remember that women who had her face mauled off by her dog and received the first face transplant ever? Guess what kind of dog she had? A labrador retriever!! But you wouldn't have known that unless you did a search for it. But if she happened to own a pitt you definately would have knew. The story of "A women almost mauled to death by her PITT BULL" would have definately been on the front page and they would put and emphasis on "PITT BULL" to make sure you saw it. The media plays games and only realeases what they want to not the whole truth.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobiegurl
But how many times have you seen "little girl attacked by a lab" on the front cover of the newspaper.
The reason for that most of the time is because a reporter asks someone what kind of dog it was and they say it was pitbull. Ever looked at how many 'pitbulls' there are in pounds? Apparently TONS. Anything with a bully looked is labeled pitbull. Reporters report what there sources say and if their sources say it was a pitbull that's what they report. Yes there are many forms of media that blow that out of proportion but that's how it gets started.

If I am writing a story about a horse at a rodeo and someone tells me it's a quarter horse well that's what I'm going to put in the paper. People need to stop using the media as a scapegoat. Yes it is a big problem and it can/should be handled differently in many, many situations but for the most part that's not where it gets started. Education is key.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:33 PM
but please call me Aus.

NO breed of dog should be banned. Statistics mean nothing. The pit MAY have killed more people than other breeds but no wonder! Think of how these dogs are treated... A long time ago they were breed for dog fights, since it's now illegal responsible breeders have improved the breed a lot and they can be really sweet dogs. They are known to love people. But there are some bad people who are into drugs and want to fight dogs. They buy a pit, tie it on short heavy chains, tease them, FORCE them to fight... They breed these dogs and the aggressiveness is being passed on to the puppies and than those pups are breed and it goes on... THE OWNERS are ruining these dogs, they keep breeding bad traits into them and selling them to irresponsible owners. These dogs are not in good hands. That is why they end up biting someone. It is NOT the dogs fault, it is the stupid people who force them to be this way.

This could have happened to any breed of dog. Take a Lab for example, sure they are frinedly dogs but it you take one and tie it, beat it, tease it, force it to fight then that dog will end up biting someone too! Then you do the same to other Labs, breed the fighting traits in them and voila! You get a bunch of Lab attacks on people and the breed earns a bad rep..

I disagree 100% with breed bans.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:37 PM
but please call me Aus.

Oh yeah... there is a lot of good info on the APBT here, I'm going to print some copies of that article on the first post, maybe it will help to educate others.. Thanks for making this thread pitbulliest!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Top Dog

Did you know that world wide, more people are killed by falling coconuts than pit bulls every year?

Did you know that more people are kill by horses every year than Pit Bulls?

Did you know that Bicycle accident kill more people than Pit Bulls every year?

There are ALOT of things in our world that are more dangerous than Pit Bulls. There are almost 300 million people in America and 60 people are killed by "pit bulls" (Pit Bull includes over 25 different breeds), that is statistically very very very very rare.

You literally have a much better chance of being killed by lighting than being killed by a Pit Bull.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:14 PM
F150 and a .30-06

I look at the way they are treated and think to my self. Yeah I would be p**'d off at the world too if I had a 20lb chain wraped around my neck and tied to a tree.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 03-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Top Dog

Tonight our news had two teenagers charged for having their pitts fight.... no it wasn't a pitt bull area... just 2 punks fighting their dogs !! Seems if it's not guns , it's poor dogs ! Luckily someone noticed the injuries of both dogs and reported it .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/