Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 05-01-2005, 08:59 PM
woof!

Yes, for all those ignorants, I have to to separate from my pit, Turok, you can read he's story at the dog story thread.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Top Dog

I have two Amstaffs (AKCs name for Pitbulls) and they are the most friendly dogs around! My 4yr intact male (show dog)named Sal is so friendly in fact that some dogs don't like him. He will attempt to force other dogs to play with him. A golden Ret. at the Dog Park got mad at Sal and bit him behind the ear....everyone there thought the Pitbull was going to ATTACK. What did Sal do? With blood dripping...he continued to bounce around like nothing happen. He was hurt and I was freaking out and running over but Sal did not act like anything had happen. I threw my leash at the Golden to chase him back and everything was ok...only a fairly minor bite. The point of my story is that my "Pitbull" could not even be provoked into an attack. How many dogs would respond that way?

The best thing to tell people is...Go to a Dog show where you might see 50 intact male "Pitbulls" in a fairly small area and no one gets bit or killed. Heck you might go all day without hearing one growl. If they were geneticly born killers how could a dog show with "Pitbulls" be safe or even possible?
Old 05-28-2005, 05:42 PM
crazy white boy

Default that is very thourough!

I am making a forum for people who own or are interested in owning a APBT or other Bully breed. if anyone is interested please help here http://16.freebb.com/?freebb=pitbullforum
Old 06-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Very necessary information and well written, too. Have you thought about asking local vets, pet stores, etc., to keep a stack of your brochures where people can pick them up?
please don't forget the shelters!!!!!!! they're in great need to be informed
Old 06-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Top Dog

I was lucky, my Pit Mix, Gus didn't look like most Pits or mixes do, and we just said he was a Golden Retreiver and Basset, and maybe something else. The golden ret part was true, the Basset part was nonsense, his legs were too straight and he was too short in length. Only a few people ever guessed.

When he was going to have to be put down due to cancer, we decided to come clean to all the people that hugged/kissed him over the years, and tell them what he was when we took him for a last visit, and that they and their dogs had been with an "evil pit bull mix" for about 14 years. Never a problem, ever. He liked almost everyone, and almost every dog too. Some thought it was funny, him being a Pit mix, others were angry with me for not telling them. All it would have done was predudiced them against him, so why would I have told them?
Old 07-04-2005, 07:20 PM
For PIT's SAKE!!!!

Oh it is great to see another educated pitbull lover!!!!!!
Dog Supplies "R" Us
Old 07-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer
I have two Amstaffs (AKCs name for Pitbulls) and they are the most friendly dogs around! My 4yr intact male (show dog)named Sal is so friendly in fact that some dogs don't like him. He will attempt to force other dogs to play with him. A golden Ret. at the Dog Park got mad at Sal and bit him behind the ear....everyone there thought the Pitbull was going to ATTACK. What did Sal do? With blood dripping...he continued to bounce around like nothing happen. He was hurt and I was freaking out and running over but Sal did not act like anything had happen. I threw my leash at the Golden to chase him back and everything was ok...only a fairly minor bite. The point of my story is that my "Pitbull" could not even be provoked into an attack. How many dogs would respond that way?

The best thing to tell people is...Go to a Dog show where you might see 50 intact male "Pitbulls" in a fairly small area and no one gets bit or killed. Heck you might go all day without hearing one growl. If they were geneticly born killers how could a dog show with "Pitbulls" be safe or even possible?
i wished there were more responsible ppeople/dog owners like you on this earth. poor sal. but i'm proud of him, and you, for being such a good dog owner. i know you are, because i have read so many of your posts...just thought u ought to know
Old 07-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Twin 2.0

It's terrible the way this breed has been maligned by the media and by spur of the moment watch groups. The town I went to college in had a VERY high population of pits and it was a little disconcerting at times. There were some dogs that were being raised correctly and were great dogs and then there were the dogs that I saw chained up in the backyards or being walked on 'leashes' that were actually lengths of heavy-duty chain. I delivered pizzas for a while and I could never tell which dogs were going to be nice and let me up to the door or which ones were going to corner me near the garage until their owners noticed what was going on. Another time, I was over at a friend's house and a guy brought his pit puppy with him and told me, while I was playing with it, that he was training her to fight and about how much money he was going to make with her before he was going to breed her. I was *thisclose* to taking his dog and leaving; the thought that such an adorable pup was going to be beaten to 'toughen' her up and then set on other dogs for cash made me ill.

There's also another "devil dog" media storm going on here right now because on July 4th a pit got out of it's yard and went after a couple of kids that had been tormenting it for a few months. A woman I work with lives next door and so she's seen the whole incident from start to finish. She's going to try and testify in the dog's defense so it won't be put down because of a couple of stupid kids.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:43 PM
PitBull Lover

thats some great stuff you wrote,, its good to have more pitbull people taking up for this GREAT breed
Old 07-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Blue_Dog

That is very good information And u r right not all pitbulls are evil. there are other dogs who may be meanier.Pitbull are banned where i live.

But recently 2 pitbulls saved a woman from a golden retriever.But why would any one ban a breed of dog???