Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 07-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Top Dog

Exclamation Pit Bull Pamphlet!

Hey guys, if you are interested in downloading the pitbull pamphlet and passing it around to neighbors, vet clinics, ignorant people that need some educating, feel free to download and use it as you wish:

http://www.pitbullproject.ca/pitbulls.pdf

Its meant to fold as a double sided booklet... first page contains title page and end page, and the second sheet contains the information that would be found "inside" the booklet...the "middle section" if you will.

Since it is available for download now, I'm hoping it'll be easier to access for you guys. Ciao!

- Violet

Last edited by pitbulliest; 11-05-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Alpha Dog

Great information! Very good article!

Chazhound
Old 07-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Felurian

Very necessary information and well written, too. Have you thought about asking local vets, pet stores, etc., to keep a stack of your brochures where people can pick them up?
Old 07-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Show Dog

Thumbs up

great!
Old 07-05-2004, 10:53 AM
Felurian

I'm constantly raving and ranting on the subject of Pits. We live in a part of the U.S. where Pits are common and commonly misused - the Southeast. There are still dog fights in this area, although they are much rarer than they were even 10 years ago.

They're lovely creatures, very affectionate and typically non-human aggressive until some moron starts training and breeding for that temperament, usually involving some crossing and lots of inbreeding. The Humane Society shelters here don't even try to find homes for Pits that end up there; the Pits and anything remotely resembling one are put down immediately. Horrible, horrible situation, but I can understand it somewhat, given the breeding that goes on here and the liability issues. But it still breaks my heart. At one time the city of Morristown actually tried to pass local legislation banning Pits from being owned inside the city limits.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Dog Spoiler

What I don't understand how some pitbulls are soooo friendly and nice and other times they totally scare me. There is a pitbull down the street from me that is constantly trying to start fights with my dogs and even w ith me. Is this because of unresponsible ownership?
Old 07-15-2004, 07:17 AM
Felurian

The owner is usually the problem. It's not uncommon for Pits to be dog aggressive, but a responsible owner - like Ti - will work to alleviate this and they can be perfectly happy and companionable with other dogs.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Puppy Dog

Pitbulls are like any other breed. You can raise any dog to be agressive even toward humans. Pitbulls are a good choice for stupid owners because they are tuff dogs and that is why Pitbulls get a bad name. If any Pitbull has a responisble owner it is most liklely they will not be agressive. Pitbulls do not like other dogs it can occur naturally in the dog but it does not mean they cant. My friend has a Pitbull and it will not even harm a fly.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I have printed out the pit bull phamplet and have been giving it to a lot of people. I just wish some people would understand that pit bulls (with the right owner) are usually just great big teddy bears. Every morning, Bula cuddles up right beside me in the bed. She will lay her head on the pillow right beside mine, and thrown one of her legs over me. She is just the sweetest dog ever. But, most people won't even give pits the time a day. Not even ONE chance.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Top Dog

Very informative. That was great.