Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-04-2007, 10:04 AM
RedyreRottweilers

This ABSOLUTELY will be used by animal control to determine which dogs of mixed heritage have banned breeds in their genetic makeup so that they can be destroyed.

And the band plays on......
Old 05-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Owned by Belgians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Hmm.. Novelty value only surely?

I just think - what's the point in paying that much money to satisfy your curiosity - seems like a waste of money to me.

I am lucky, I know what Bodhi is (all 5 breeds!), but if I didn't I wouldn't pay a grand to find out....!!!!!! 20 maybe LOL

How about 33? That's what I'm paying and I just because I'm SOOOO curious. The Croo.. , um, "people" I bought my dog from told me he was something that I'm sure he's not. Since he was my first dog I thought, "Yeah, he looks like one of those.". Now I think he's GSD and Lab, totally not what they told me. Considering what I pay in vet bills, meds, food, toys, peripherals during the year, $65 is peanuts!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Puppy Dog

WOW! Everyone is so negative on this topic! If it only costs $65, Im gonna have it done to my dog. Im not gonna frown about it because of speculation. I mean heck, whats wrong with a company offering this service? Yes they will make money, thats the whole reason they are in business. Never heard of anyone trying to go into business so they wont make any money. Everyone lighten up, if ya dont like the idea, just dont have the test performed on your dog.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Top Dog

Everyone is free to send in their money to this company along with a DNA swab of their pet. But I'm with the previous genetics poster that stated this company is full of more b.s. than the grounds of a beef cattle operation.

If you have studied in depth about canine genetics & followed the recent research ongoings, you'd realize that something is aschew here.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Dafuq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budrbean View Post
Everyone lighten up, if ya dont like the idea, just dont have the test performed on your dog.
Hey, you can say that now. Because if you don't own a contraband breed, then you never have to worry about someone taking your dog and having the test performed without your permission. Some of us just have the experience to predict where this is going to go, and can't "lighten up" when it comes to people taking our dogs, 'kay?

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Happy

It's absolutely irresistible, if it's true. I'm inclined to be doubtful, but then again, genetic research is pretty impressive, even the teeny little bit I know about. If we can use genetics to sort through millions of people to find the lost tribe of Israel, I don't see why it should be impossible to do the same sort of thing with dogs.