Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Puppy Dog

How about a Japanese Chin or an English Toy Spaniel? They have some feathering, but they don't require much grooming. If you don't want a terrier then I don't think a Brussels Griffon is what you're looking for.

This site might help a little:
http://www.toybreeds.com/ToyBreeds.htm
Old 05-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Top Dog

Here's a link to more information on the Griffon including grooming info. I think with brushing often and a few coat trims if you are not showing they are good to go. I do both of these things myself. It does mention trouble potty training however Honey has came to us un potty trained and has only had 2-3 accidents in the month we have had her which I don't think is bad at all. She does well with crate training and a fenced in back yard. http://www.brussels-griffon.info/publiced.htm
Old 05-04-2007, 03:18 AM
<< My baby girl, Pinkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boemy View Post
If you have a cat and get a small breed puppy, do the cats ever act as though the puppy is prey? Do they have to be separated when unsupervised? I would probably get an adult, but you never know . . . I have indoor cats, so they don't have any practical experience in hunting, but are always agog when a squirrel is outside. They have met dogs before, but only large ones.
I had 3 older housecats (7-10 yrs old) when I got my Lhasa Apso puppy and it wasn't a problem at all. They were all curious about each other, and as my puppy got older and tried to chase them, they just batted her to keep her in line. Never an injury for any of them. After 3 years, she still chases & plays with one of them, and another one of the cats protects her from the foster dogs I get that try to bother her.

If you get an older dog, you need to make sure it doesn't have any issues with cats first. I've always found it's easier to mix them when either the cat or the dog is a baby. When they're both older they have more learned behavoir about the other and if they're hostile, they may not get over it.

I love my critters to death, thank God for them everyday, and can't live without at least one. I need them as much as they need me, and have found they're much better than husbands!!