Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 05-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Puppy Dog

Default Aunt just got a Puggle...she needs to know basic stuff

My aunt just bought a Puggle and she needs to know basic puppy stuff

What should she feed her new pup and how much? (one thing she wanted to know)

Kinda having trouble coming up with other stuff she might need to know any suggestions?
Old 05-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

What's a Puggle?
Is it one of those designer breed dogs?
Old 05-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Oh and you'll probably want to put this in the puppy forum. You'll probably get more responses there.
Tell your aunt good luck with her new puppy.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Puppy Dog

its a beagle and a pug (she basically bought it from a puppy mill because she didn't know any better) I wish I could have told her not to get it from there, or get a puggle in general. But that's just the way it goes.

come on guys she needs help.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

How old is the pup?
Old 05-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Top Dog

hahaha that's what you called a puggle. That's interesting.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Puppy Dog

few weeks i suppose
Old 05-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Felurian

Okay, Fandogg . . .

First, she really needs to put it on a quality food. I'm not really sure about putting a puggle on a puppy food. It's not a large breed, of course, but pugs do have dense bone structure and musculature, which would make me suspect that a feeding program more akin to what you'd give a large breed would be better, but Mordy can tell you for sure on that.

Next . . . toys! Puppy Kongs are great. There are special teething toys you can get that are made to be gnawed on frozen that are great for pups.

She should start working with it right away, in very short sessions, teaching sit and down, making a game of it. It's never too early to start teaching a puppy. Emma (CreatureTeacher) can give the best advice here.

Grammy and Love4Pits will be especially good for advice on dealing with young pups - they're pros at it, lol.

Now, I'm going to move this to the Puppy forum where it will get better attention . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Top Dog

A " few weeks" doesn't help on the age. Again I recommend " how to Raise a Puppy You can live with "..Rutherford and Neil . Please fill us in on the situation. Your Aunt;s knowledge of dog, home situation etc. Can't you help her with all you've asked and received from your posts???
Old 05-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Top Dog

I get so sad when I hear of people purposley mixing pugs and overbreeding them. They are such precious babies. I wish people would preserve this breed better, but that is what happens when a breed becomes too popular. I know that you can't do anything about what has been done, and I commend you for trying to help your aunt. I can't imagine what this breed would bring about. A pug is a very lazy, loving, snoring, snorting lap dog, while a beagle is a nose chasing wondering hound...??? What a combo. BTW, pugs do just fine on puppy food. Let your aunt know that both pugs and beagles are prone to obesity, so monitoring food intake is extra important. I would recommend Innova EVO or Solid Gold Just a Wee Bit food for this new pup. They are my two favorite foods for my pugs and they have done very well on them. Good luck.