Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-22-2007, 10:16 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

Default NB duck and potato?

I am sure some of you guys know about Ruckus and the NB venison and brown rice.
i have been home cooking for him, but with prices, and tons of varying info on the web i am a bit discouraged.
i am considering buying the duck and potato from NB. what do you think?
I cannot afford TWO and everything else i can find that he can eat would have to be shipped, and shipping is too expensive!
Old 04-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Top Dog

I don't see an issue with it since they have identified the actual problem source. Do you have access to Pinnacle? It's somewhat common...
Old 04-22-2007, 10:40 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

I am not sure. i know my local feed store has some good dog foods. even chicken soup dog food! and foods from eagle pack. however i am scared of grains now! BUT, it appears Ruckus is allergic to chicken anyway.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Top Dog

The Pinnacle I was thinking of does not contain any chicken. It is trout and potato based, but does contain oats. http://www.breeders-choice.com/dog_p..._dog_trout.htm All of their ingredients come from the USA.

Also, can you get Canidae? They make a nice lamb & rice formula and their grains are from the USA as well. http://www.canidae.com/dogs/lamb-and-rice/dry.html
Old 04-22-2007, 11:41 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Buddy was on that. But I feel jaded and no longer trust NB. All dogs are on Natura foods and will be switched to homecooked/raw after we get Buddy's test results back.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Top Dog

I don't trust NB either.

I wouldn't give up on raw. Maybe get a bag of kibble until you can get it sorted out. I feel like it's starting to come together for me. Until you do, maybe try Canidae? It's really reasonably priced. California Natural would be a good choice too... but Kai never liked the taste.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Happy dogs expert

Hi rabbitsarebetter, dun get discouraged with homecooking. i have been cooking for my dogs for 6 mths now and they look much better then when they were on NB. My ex-trusted brand.

If you are still keen in homecooking for your pets, I can guide you quickly. It takes me less then 30mins TOPS to cook for both my dogs' homecooked meals for the whole week. Just follow a simple recipe and observe your pet's health and how they are taking it, then adjust from there. It's not difficult.

I feel this is still the best way to go as we can't know for sure if the rest of the trusted brands may get recalled in future. Also, it is cheaper for me too when compared to feeding them NB.