Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-14-2005, 09:49 AM
user not active

Something else to say, this is the only dog food, bar normal innova he actually eats.
Im glad he actually eats this food His very picky about dry foods.

Some info:

My pup is 140 pounds, 32" at shoulder blades, and is about 5'5" Tall when standing on his feet.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Felurian

Similar in size to my females, Orion. They may be a bit taller due to the exaggerated leg back leg length of the breed. Kharma's father, Gamble, weighs in at a little over 170. It's going to be interesting to see how large she ends up being when she's mature. Shiva probably lacks another six months or so before she's fully mature.

How much longer until Orion's reached maturity? I'm thinking the Ovcharka is on a similar time table - two to two and a half?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-14-2005, 01:50 PM
user not active

His dad was aroun 145 and mom at 160ish.

He took after his mom. He still needs to fill out alot. Im guessing he'll be around 160 when done.

He'll be done at around 2.5-3

Caucasians are a litttle smaller then fila's i think.

good size for male is 140+
Female 120+
Old 05-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Top Dog

Wow! What kind of dog is he, Orion? Big boy! How long have you been feeding him Innova? Since he was a little guy? Sorry to be nosy, I'm just interested in learning about this food. How do you feel it measures up to other products like Wellness or Canidae?
Old 05-14-2005, 01:59 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatureTeacher
Wow! What kind of dog is he, Orion? Big boy! How long have you been feeding him Innova? Since he was a little guy? Sorry to be nosy, I'm just interested in learning about this food. How do you feel it measures up to other products like Wellness or Canidae?
we've been feeding Innova for about 5 months. Before that it was Eagle pack.

He likes innova better.

I like innova as well. I try to buy everything best for my pup.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Top Dog

yeah toki loves Innova than canidae. He didn't even want to touch that. But you know what, Something about Science diet all dogs love the taste. My boyfriend two yorkies only eat science diet. I gave them some Innova and they won't even eat 1 pellet.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Quigleyfied

Quote:
Something about Science diet all dogs love the taste.
nope, i know a number of dogs who flat out refuse it. and a friend of mine has a dog who tends to pee on science diet bags in pet stores if she doesn't pay attention. it's always science diet, never any other brand.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 05-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Felurian

Sounds like they're roughly similar in size, Orion. Gamble is on the large end for a male Fila. There are some out there who are breeding for 200 pound Filas, but we don't deal with them. What they're doing is bad for the breed and what these dogs have been bred to do for centuries. These 'breeders' who are breeding for overly large size are seriously compromising the speed and agility of the Fila. Not to mention they tend to have entirely the wrong attitude about the Fila - touting them as "protection animals" and "personal security dogs." ANY Fila will protect its people, animals and property, but they are very much family dogs, devoted to their families. There is a widely used saying in Brazil; "faithful as a Fila."

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Top Dog

that's funny. I wish my boyfriend's dog would pee on the science diet. I told him to stop feeding them bad food. If he was going to spend $8.99 on that bad then he should just swich to Innova and just pay $2 more and get better food.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:27 AM
Love my pets

Just switched Max over from Eagle Pak to Innova EVO. He loves it! I used to have to put things in the food to try to get him to eat it; now with the EVO, he will eat it by itself.