Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-16-2007, 10:13 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

I suggest a consult with Mordy, who will be able to help get you started.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Top Dog

I thought about that BP!

My vet cautioned against switching to raw before I know what the hell I'm doing. So we're feeding TWO for now. But I still want to switch... and contacting Mordy is a great idea!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:15 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

No problem! she's been a great help to me and my crew! When I get home I'll PM you some books that I have- there is a ton of info out there for raw!

Old 04-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Top Dog

Thanks so much! That would be wonderful! There is definitely a lot of info... enough to completely boggle my mind! lol!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:25 AM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Absolutely. I have so many books and even though I've not read through them, the first few that I have read have been VERY convincing on a raw or home prepared diet.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Water Junkie

Hey, Nicole, could you PM me the title of those books too?

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post

You might want to consider putting him on some probiotics and digestive enzymes if you haven't already. Might help him a bit.

I just want to caution the OP against adding digestive enzymes without talking it over with the vet first since it can exacerbate certain issues. Hannah started on digestive enzymes after she bloated, and it sent her stomach into a frenzy - it was doing double time - the enzymes actually hyperactivated her normal digestive system and caused her some problems.

I don't think it's that common, but it can happen. The vet told us to take her off of it because it was making her worse.

I don't know about probiotics....never had any problems with them, but it's always good to talk it over with your vet first if your little guy is having issues and you want to change his regimen.

If any dog is going to have a problem with anything, it would be my dog....hence my advice - we've been there, done that.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
Old 04-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfacedanes View Post
I just want to caution the OP against adding digestive enzymes without talking it over with the vet first since it can exacerbate certain issues. Hannah started on digestive enzymes after she bloated, and it sent her stomach into a frenzy - it was doing double time - the enzymes actually hyperactivated her normal digestive system and caused her some problems.

I don't think it's that common, but it can happen. The vet told us to take her off of it because it was making her worse.

I don't know about probiotics....never had any problems with them, but it's always good to talk it over with your vet first if your little guy is having issues and you want to change his regimen.

If any dog is going to have a problem with anything, it would be my dog....hence my advice - we've been there, done that.
Thanks, I will ask my vet about it.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:55 AM
*Biter*

No problem...and if your vet okays it, I'll even be happy to send you Hannah's almost brand new one pound bottle of Prozyme, since she can't take it anymore.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
Old 04-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Harumph™©®

The thing about Pitcairn is he pushes grains heavily. I can't remember the link I read on this.