Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-16-2007, 03:16 AM
Active Pup

Default my beagle pees on my bed!!!

my 1 year old beagle pees on my bed, constantly! ill let him out many times a day yet he will still jump on the bed and pee. after he does it he will get scared... so he knows he has done something wrong. why does he do it and how can i fix this?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:40 AM
Puppy Dog

Hi,
Is he neutered? It sounds like marking to me.. Not that neutering can fix that but I was just wondering You may also want to check with the vet to makes sure there is no urinary infection.. If its marking google it there are some good articles and help out there.
Andrea

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think of you
Old 04-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Ruled by a RED boy!

I agree with Nemo, some males that aren't neutered can get into some bad peeing habits And I would also get him a check up at the vet to rule out any infection
Old 04-16-2007, 08:07 AM
<--------Orson

I would start by baby gating you bedroom door! Then vet check........LOL
Old 04-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Harumph™©®

Ditto on the neuter and vet. After that, Buy a new mattress and keep him out of the room when he's unsupervised. The reason I say buy a new mattress is your post sounds as if he's marked the one you have but good, it's become a habit, and he's always going to smell where he's been. And we all know about the beagle nose.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Active Pup

wow... he isnt neutered.. thats weird how you guys knew that. lol.... even when we are watching him , ... somehow he still sneaks on the bed. do u think if we neuter him it will help?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle36 View Post
wow... he isnt neutered.. thats weird how you guys knew that. lol.... even when we are watching him , ... somehow he still sneaks on the bed. do u think if we neuter him it will help?
No it wont help with marking , but to Neuter I feel is just better for your dog, please give it some thought..You just need to read things about marking there are so many approaches to it, it's a battle but it can be won..
Good Luck,
Andrea

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think of you