Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 04-15-2007, 11:19 PM
and Spy.

I am going to have to say I disagree with ACD and pointer. Both are VERY active!

Would you consider a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel? On the smaller side, I know, but they seem to fit your description pretty well...

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:22 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

A range of 20-60 is large and most dogs you speak of in your post (the OP) would be over 60 pounds.

I vote for an adult shelter dog or rescue from a local agency in your area.

Old 04-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Active Pup

Oh man, you guys have been incredibaly helpful. Like I said before i defiantely am adopting from a shelter and I really want a big dog... even though you know. the apartment. But that cocker spaniel was ADORABLE but I have always been in love with golden or labrador retrievers.

and to the person who said thye had a black lab? Can I have more info on that please?

Petfinder is a birlliant website, but I tihnk I'll just end up going to the nearby pound or shelter. You... can adopt dogs at a pound, right?
This is my first time doing something like this, I have alot of pet expierience, but I have never had a dog. Despite the fact that's the pet I've always wanted.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Active Pup

Oh, and p.s., I am not much into grooming or shedding, but if needed for the dog, I would be hapy to do it.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Active Pup

oh and another p.p.s. I am not sure abotu the 150-300 dollar adoption fee from the shelters. But I would probably be able to raise enough money to convince my mom to get me one. Are dogs free from the pound?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Dog Crazy

i say a golden retriever would be good chose for you
Old 04-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Twin 2.0

Here's the link to her poster; a couple things I left out...she is 100***37; housebroken as well as crate trained.

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...t=Virgo+poster
Old 04-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Active Pup

Oh man she seems PERFECT. $175? That isn't much, it includes toys, food, bowls, the heartworm thing, and whats the crate like?

Are you sure it's okay for her to be inside an apartment? There would be walks occuring most every day and probably twice a day sometimes.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Twin 2.0

It's a Large Vari-Kennel, the type they use on the airlines. It's durable enclosed plastic; she feels safe in there.

She needs at least one good long walk a day, two would be better and if your family was the type to go to a lake or something, she would love to go along and fetch sticks and balls out of the water and stuff. She would make a great jogging partner as well.

where do you live?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Active Pup

I just sent you a message. I am still hoping it works out but I don't think it will. Where there's a will, there's a way? I am visiting the OBX this summer, I would LOVE for her to come and my family goes to this lake hosue in MD occasionally, and she would LOVE it there I just know it.