Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 05-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Top Dog

Talking is my doggy too little?

this is lea. My new pup im getting is gonna be six weeks, thats when the breeder says for me to take him. Is that to young? is there anything that i can do to make him feel better when he arrives.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:17 PM
no touchy

I don't believe in getting a puppy that is any younger than eight weeks old.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Top Dog

Default i feel bad

me neither but this is when sh'e giving him to me. I feel bad about taking him from his mother so young. Real bad
Old 05-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Island dweller

It doesn't sound like a very reputable breeder and you might want to reconsider where you get your pup from. If they also haven't done health tests she might have health problems as well. There's more information in the breeding section. Check on the stickied thread on reputable breeders.

I know you probably already have your heart set on that puppy so maybe you can ask if it can stay with it's mom for two more weeks. It may not seem like a very long time but it does make a difference. They do learn a lot from their moms and siblings in that time.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Top Dog

Hate to say it, but sounds like your breeder does not have this pups best interest in mind. Puppies need to stay with their mom and littermates for a ton of different reasons and before 8 weeks is just too young. I agree with the previous post that stated that you should re-think this purchase. If you are absolutley going to go through with it, I would get that pup around as many different people as possible and start obedience classes at 12 weeks, so your pup can start learining some play social skills with the other pups. It is a warning to me when a breeder sends puppies that are 6 weeks...makes me think that they only have $ on their mind and not the welfare of their dogs. Make sure you get a health agreement and find out what type of health screens have take place on the parents etc. Good luck.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

well apparently she had it by mistake, its real cheap so i don't think its the money but i onno. she expresses how she only wants the best home for it and that so many people want him. i onno what to do , i really like this doggy.
ive been so excited ive been counting down the days
Old 05-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Top Dog

her two dogs weren't neutered and had it.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Top Dog

im asking her how old it will be when we get it to make sure, but im pretty sure it will be 6 weeks, it was born april 11, and i will be getting it may 22
Old 05-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Yeah thats just a day under 6 weeks.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

i really want this dog...i would be more concerned about the breeder but i know she didnt mean to have them she just wants to get rid of them...another person said they also reccomend 8 weeks, but the got theres at 6 and just mushed food up with milk and it was fine. i will also look into that obedience clASS to socialize him more,,, i think im gonna call him bambi
anymore comments would be greatly apprechiated