Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Harumph™©®

Hey Adopta, thank God your vet has the good sense to have something on his shelves besides Hill's crap, hey? Maybe this recall will wake a few vets up to the actual value of all that chicken grain, tainted or not.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Harumph™©®

Renee, i just wouldn't see EVO for Tosca. You work your dogs. Tosca's idea of work is chasing a frisbee around the yard and chasing squirrels.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Water Junkie

We have been feeding Canidae for about 7 months now. I haven't noticed much change in the way the dogs coat or teeth are =/ Only thing that has changed is Lizzie's stool (for the better ) But we are going to be switching to a grain-free food soon. Probably EVO.

I think it's a really good food for the price we pay $40 for a 40 pound bag. I reccommend it to people too.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscasMom View Post
I think canidae has been very smart. They produced a good food at a reasonable price and have been whittling their market share up ever since via word of mouth. They are a small company that, far as I know, only makes pet food. ..unlike Proctor and Gamble, who see pet food as a side business. I will stick with a company that sees pet food as their existence. They are always going to be more conscientious just out of sheer survival instinct.
Exactly. I like the company and they've always quickly replied to my questions, and at one point, a nutritionist even wrote and contradicted one of their customer service agents. It was nice to see that they were willing to further probe my question and get a real answer instead of just shrugging me off.

We tried Innova but it didn't work at all for Herschel--and it was twice the price.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Puppy Dog

I too have got Thor on Canidae now full time It's a top quality food he will eat and does not cost an arm and a leg to buy. He's a real picky eater I have tried many brands,he also loves EVO RM and Timberwold Wild & Natural. To be honest he likes those 2 better but there twice the price more even if you go for the Canidae Chicken or Lamb and rice in the large bags, for just as good as quality.
I do still keep a small bag of the Timberwolf Wild & natural thats one food he will attack almost when put in his bowl LOL so i sprinkle a small bit in front of his bowl and toss a few on top and no prob he will eat the Canidae right along with the other like having a little desert with his meal LOL. but only when he's not eaten for the day
Old 04-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Snow Girl

Canidae is pretty good but for me the ""uber food"" is Orijen followed in very close second by Innova Evo. I am yet to find a kibble that tops them!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 04-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscasMom View Post
Renee, i just wouldn't see EVO for Tosca. You work your dogs. Tosca's idea of work is chasing a frisbee around the yard and chasing squirrels.

Tosca also isn't a big, muscled up dog like the Riot Grrrls either, lol! But the one it's really made the difference in is Bimmer. I had a terrible time keeping weight on him until EVO. Now he's muscled like the grrrls, you just can't see it as well through that pelt of his

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Top Dog

I've fed a variety of foods...Candiae, Innova, EVO...

Canidae works best for my dogs, plus the fact that I have a large string of fosters running in and out of my place...

It just works best for everyone. Innova and EVO were also pretty hard to find-nearest store was over forty minutes away.

-Rosefern

Proud Trainer, Guardian, and Slave To:
Flicka CGC TT CD TDI NA
Pepe CGC TT CD NA CDX OA
Her Royal Highness Queen Lillian The Cat
Old 04-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Owned by 2 Rough Collies

I have 2 dogs on Canidae and Chloe was weaned on it at her breeder.
Bailey was a picky eater before Canidae and Chloe has Clostridium Perf. and Canidae has been great for them both. And their coats are so shiney and healthy with a lot of movement. A local vet I met while on a walk stopped me and asked me what I used as supplements. Not a thing. He asked what I fed and I told him, Canidae.

I had tried Bailey on Evo,Innova but it didn't agree with him at all it affected him just like Merrick did..........mushy stools and GAS ALL THE TIME, the type of gas that would have you running for a mask and oxygen tank.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Big Dog

I sincerely wanted the EVO to work with my two dogs. Honestly, I've had better results with EVO with my kitties. The EVO left my dogs so explosively gassy that they'd clear a room daily...absolutely rotten farts, and HUGE, messy stools. Neither of them did well on it, and it was a huge expense with poor results...even after feeding it for several consecutive months. I still tout it as an excellent food, it simply didn't work for my dogs.

I have since switched the dogs to Canidae, and am so far very pleased...I feel like I'm getting much more bang for my buck. First of all, no skin issues at all, and both of my dogs have terrible skin allergies. No dandruff either, which has also been an issue. Their poops are smaller, and more compact. No more gas, either. Great energy levels, bright eyes. I'm quite happy with this food, and would readily recommend it to anyone.