Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-09-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm All Ears

I think they were supposed to have a tv ad, but I've never seen it. They sell at shows some too- which I think has been a rather recent development. I'd never seen Canidae sold at shows until recently and the last two I've been to have had it there.

Overall, I've been very impressed with it as a food. The dogs all like it and they look great. Like I said, Innova just didn't work for us. Dunno why.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Dafuq?

I started feeding Canidae within the last year. My dog was eating Nature's Variety kibble and raw, and was doing very well on it. But we were having a hard time making ends meet, and we had to switch to something a little less pricey, and Canidae fit the bill as a bit easier on the pocketbook, but still a very good food.

I'd like to think the number of Canidae feeders is increasing because people are becoming educated about lower-grade foods, and more are feeding the higher-quality stuff overall.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 04-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Are you dead yet?

Meep, 5-6 cups a day?! No wonder.

All of my animals combined (2 dogs and 2 cats) eat about 3 cups a day. The pup is eating something else entirely though.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Top Dog

Canidae was a consideration for us just now, but we went with Timberwolf instead for the simple reason that it's more readily available.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
I fed EVO for awhile, but the cost just got too high - with one dog that eats 2 cups a day and another that eats 5-6... that's waaaaayyy too pricey for me.
5 - 6 cups per day? On EVO? My monsters only eat 3 3/4 to 4 cups per day each for the Grrrrls and Bimmer just under 3 cups, some days just over 2 1/2.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-10-2007, 03:02 AM
Top Dog

It's a "Dobie thing". My Dob puppy really burns the calories, as well. He's "on" all day long. He's on raw and Canidae. I find by 3 or 4 yrs of age their metabolism slows and you're able to feed less without noticable weight issues. Canidae seems to work for my puppy too.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:18 AM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
5 - 6 cups per day? On EVO? My monsters only eat 3 3/4 to 4 cups per day each for the Grrrrls and Bimmer just under 3 cups, some days just over 2 1/2.
Thats what I was thinking WOW 5-6 cups...Chloe is on EVO and she eats 3 cups a day although honestly she could probably eat more
Old 04-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Top Dog

I have been feeding Canidae for about a year now. the only place in this town to get it is my vet's office. I went in yesterday to get some & asked the girl at the desk if more people had started buying it and she said it was flying off of the shelves now....

It is expensive and people used to joke with me for spending so much on my animals' food, but all of my animals are healthy & I dont have outrageous vet bills...
Old 04-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Love my pets

Max is a very picky eater and loves Canidae so the whole doggie family is on it and loving it.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Harumph™©®

I didn't switch to Canidae for cost, actually here it's only like 1.50 less than the Natural Balance I was feeding. But I wasn't pleased with the protein level in Natural Balance, so I gave it a shot. She loves it, works for her. The other thing that solidfies me is the response I got from Canidae on the Menu Foods issue, as opposed to the nasty gram, dodge and weave answer I got from Eagle Pack. I was always an Eagle Pack fan but not anymore. I switched my cats from it too.

I saw at their website that they are going to advertise. They have a video there, or had one, showing their ad.

I think canidae has been very smart. They produced a good food at a reasonable price and have been whittling their market share up ever since via word of mouth. They are a small company that, far as I know, only makes pet food. ..unlike Proctor and Gamble, who see pet food as a side business. I will stick with a company that sees pet food as their existence. They are always going to be more conscientious just out of sheer survival instinct.