Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Love my pets

My stepson's pit is the sweetest dog you'll ever meet. He loves everyone. With any dog, it's all in how you raise the dog.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudy
pits are simple . all you have to do is the same thing you do with other dogs i have a pit .
I have to disagree there. You can't raise a Pit just like you would another dog. You can't raise a Pit like you would a Labrador. You can't let a Pit run loose at a dog park like you would 'any other dog'.
Yes, you have to socialize them, train them, etc. like you would 'any other dog' but they need more of a constant watchfulness.
I'd say since you are used to Akitas and Dobes, a Pit should be ok. Pitties are wonderful with kids and people, (they were bred to NOT bite people) but they are dog aggresive and they should never be fully trusted around other dogs. You also have to make sure that your Pittie will never get into trouble. If it does, that is just one more bad thing the Public associates with Pits.
Anways, good luck to you.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Top Dog

Im going to go to the pound today to go see how the puppy reacts with my nephew! ill tell you all how it goes thanks everyone
( PRAY I GET HIM AND THE PUPPY DOES WELL )

Old 05-11-2005, 12:48 PM
no touchy

Pit Bulls are wondeful dogs, however, they were bred to fight other dogs. The goal was to have dogs that were aggressive towards other canines, but sweet and calm towards humans. Once a fight had ended, the owners of the dogs needed to go into the pit to get their dog without being bitten. To be calm and well-behaved, it's important that pit bulls are socialized with other animals and small children.
Pit bulls and dog parks do not match. They are dog-agressive, and it doesn't depend on how they're raised--the breed is still dog-agressive.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Top Dog

well nevermind about this forum.... my dad wont let me get him and i guess his ownners are trying to get him back? i dont know though and i seen another dog but my dad always blows my high on a dog so i have to wait till i get rid of all my dogs sept rocky well w/e im just depressed i really really want a puppy so i can train it myself cause my mom or dad always takes over i hate it

Old 05-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Top Dog

I hope the adoption process goes as planned.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:15 AM
Love my pets

Sorry about not being able to get the dog, but keep looking and I know you'll find one that's meant for you.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudy
pits are simple . all you have to do is the same thing you do with other dogs i have a pit . all you need to no is make sure when people are around him make sure they no hes a pitand they cant do anything quickly around him because he mite think they are trying to hurt you andthey could bite so all you need to no is to watch the people around you and to watch your pit and you well be fine !!!!
I'm not sure I agree with what your saying here. Why would you have to make sure you tell your company that your dog is a pit bull? I have people around my pit bull (3 and 4 year old kids included), and there is no reason for them to be uncomfortable or not do anything quickly. If you tell someone that comes over, "Don't make any quick movements" they are going to think your dog is mean. My 7 year old nephew runs around and plays chase in the house with my pit bull. A friend of mine brings her 4 year old son over sometimes, and he cuddles with the dog on the couch. If a dog is trained right, there is no reason to worry about it biting someone. Yes, a pit bull is very loyal and wants to protect their owners, but just because someone makes a sudden movement doesn't mean anything.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Top Dog

yea well mayeb it would be better after i sell the puppies huh? then we wont have 8 dogs here running around lol! well ill wait for about 5 weeks then after i sell all the puppies ill go down there and see whats there