Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 05-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Top Dog

It was a joke... you said "would you choose your dog over your child?"... never mind... bad joke taste.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
It was a joke... you said "would you choose your dog over your child?"... never mind... bad joke taste.
I would

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 05-16-2005, 09:54 PM
Top Dog

This was a sensitive post. As Grammy, before too many jump upon ElinHunter ,,,her dogs ARE her children . Now, don't jump on me, but years ago when I had 4 dogs, 3 children and a husband.......depending on the situation at the time and I had to save them all.............naturally I would save those I could .
Old 05-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

My dogs are my children. If it was reversed, and a child killed one of my dogs, I would absolutely be out for blood. You would have to tie me down.

I feel awful for the families. What a horrid thing to have happen. I've had so many clients who called me right away when they knew they'd have a child and a dog in the same house, no matter who got there first. All it takes is a little awareness and a little caution to avoid a tragedy. Kids aren't good with dogs, and a lot of dogs aren't good with kids. Kids frequently annoy dogs and can't pick up on the dog's signals that are telling them to stop. Just a little training for the dog to teach him to understand and respect the child, a little training for the child to teach him to understand and respect the dog, and the common sense that people who have children should possess anyway can prevent this sort of thing entirely. This is so sad.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter

oh. i didnt know what you meant.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

I have malamutes and can say they are the most loving dogs I have ever had, but........ all the books on malamutes state that they have a strong prey drive, if a child is possibly running about, maybe trips over, starts to scream and cry this "could" ativate the prey drive, I find it unbeleivable that a child has been left in the company of these large dogs on their own, and to be honest even the one that "should" have been in bed, what the heck is that about, if they know the child can get access out of the house, while everyone was asleep, why the hell did'nt they secure the exit?

Mo
Old 05-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Top Dog

Yes I agree, people should never let a door open for a kid that age.. Even dog doors.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:30 AM
K-9 lover ;)

such sad stories...but i have to agree with creature teacher. if a child attacked one of my babies (K9) i would be out for revenge as well. kids and dogs do not mix unsupervised. it only takes a second. question...would those dogs have attacked again after getting the taste of blood? is that why they had to be pts? so sad.
RIP my sweet baby....
Rudy - 15 year old dalmation/lab mix
Old 05-25-2005, 10:28 AM
Happy

Why not pts the dogs? They've proven how dangerous they are.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Puppy Dog

I was just wondering in the story about the 7 yr old and the 2 malamutes. Why did they put down the female also? When from the story it was the male that bit her.
Just curious about the reasoning behind this

MY FAMILY
MY GALLERY

FEED AN ANIMAL FOR FREE