Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 05-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Playful Husky Pup

I agree Gustav it is truly screwed up that stuff like this happens breaks my heart for the families and animals. I just think about Pakak and cringe....

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 05-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Top Dog

I can't believe a Malamute would ever attack a person. (Well, yes I can, but that isn't what I mean.) I used to "own" a Malamute (she was a neighbor's dog who lived with us), and she was the sweetest most loving dog ever. She hated other dogs (although she tolorated ours) but the only thing she'd do to people was lick them to death. If we were outside playing football and we got tackled, Loupie would come over and start licking us. In no possible way was she viscous. People must have really screwed up these dogs to get them to attack somebody, IMO.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Cute and lovable Pup

That is shocking! I agree, what were the parents thinking of leaving a baby with such a large dog with tremendous power, every resonsible owner knows that dogs, not matter what size should be supervized with young children especially babies at all times.

To also have the dog put too sleep, i think that is disgusting, i hope that they never, ever decided to have a dog again .

Stupid people!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Cute and lovable Pup

Not sure whether this is the same story, but i found this article online that had been posted on the 8th of May: http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories...859089,00.html
Old 05-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Top Dog

Pretty irresponsible from them for sure Although in this case it seems that the girl went outside on her own through the dog door, when she was supposed to be in bed, and I'm not sure how that could have been avoided - except of course by socializing the dogs correctly. I don't think you can expect parents to watch their 2 year old 24 hours a day, especially at night.

For the 7 year old though, that bites, as they had adopted the dogs 6 days earlier. I'm going to be flamed for this, but it just convinced me to never adopt an adult dog, because you can't know how they will react (as long as I have children at least). It's not that I don't trust the dogs, but I don't trust previous owners to have trained their dog properly - obviously, it's always the case. It really sucks that it's the dogs that suffer from it though...
Old 05-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Happy

The poor kids. I doubt it's just a lack of socialization that produces a dog that savages a child. That vet tech in one article made the most sense - that people aren't thinking it through when they get these big dogs. I've been watching the explosion of Rotties, Pits, Am Bulldogs, Filas, etc., in my very populated suburban NJ town and it's very disturbing. Nothing wrong with these breeds - in responsible hands. But I agree with that tech - too many people are treating these breeds as if they were as low-maintenance and reliably friendly as Old Dog Trey. Bring 'em home, teach them to sit and stay, pour in the dog chow and tell yourself kids and dogs are perfect together. I look in my collie mix's mouth and I see those fangs - don't these people ever look at the enormous muzzle on, say, a Cane Corso, and realize how quickly, how devastatingly easily, that equipment could kill another dog, a man, a child?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Top Dog

I agree with that 100%. Very well put. I love dogs and always try to give them the "benefit of the doubt", but a dog is still an animal. Animals have natural instincts and can break out and kill somebody if they see them as a threat. I'm not saying that all pits, bulldogs, rottweilers, yada yada are feirce, but even training and proper socialization cant always rid a dog of their natural feelings.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose's Gal
Why did they PTS the dogs? They just jumped on the girl, it wasn't like they attacked her! OMG, stupid people...I feel sorry for the parents and the girl but I think it is so stupid that two probably perfectly good dogs got PTS because of the owners ignorence.

Maybe they cant stand to look at the dog anymore. Think about it, I mean would you choose your dog over your child?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

Depends on the child

(not to minimize the sad situation)
Old 05-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
Depends on the child

(not to minimize the sad situation)

What depends on the child?